Customer reviews

Price:£0.99

on 2 November 2012
This song could/should have been used for a Bond movie. As with all of Rumers songs, it's easy on the ear. Love it
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2013
Heard this over the closing titles of Johnnie English - Reborn.

Having bought and enjoyed both Rumer albums I got the MP3.

Great song which could have been a Bond theme - hope it won't stop them asking her in the future to do that.

Very steep fade during the second orchestral section slightly spoils it and loses it one star.

My second favourite Rumer song after her cover of Townes Van Zandt's "Flying Shoes".
on 1 July 2013
The music track is delightful - it's the Amazon service that is poor.

My understanding was that I could download this track to my Mac, but I am only able to play it within the online Amazon player.

I am therefore highly unlikely to buy another such track from Amazon.

My advice: stick with the iTunes Store!
VINE VOICEon 23 May 2012
Having watched through gritted teeth Rowan Atkinson's latest overstretched one-joke outing as the flukiest and least convincing secret agent ever, my wife and I were chatting happily over the credits but suddenly found ourselves distracted by the end title song. Mrs Jones then asked me to rewind the DVD so she could hear it again. And again. By this time the singer's gorgeously pure and mellow voice had hooked me too.

So she's Rumer and you probably all knew about her; well, we didn't, and this was a fine introduction. It's a song by noted songwriter EG White, ticking all the boxes for a James Bond type theme. (Deserving to be a Bond Theme, and for one of the better Bonds too, not the Daniel Craig boreathons.)

Rumer has quite an exceptional voice; warm, welcoming and with unusually precise diction. Her phrasing is one of her special gifts.

As you can tell, we're sold on her from just this song. Now it's time to check out her previous album, and then maybe get her brand new release interpreting classic songs.

My only complaint is that this appears only to be available as a download; we'd have preferred a good 'old-fashioned' CD single release.
It's pure class. It's beautifully crafted, it struts its music stuff and it ends. Nothing extra. A Swiss watch of a track and a lovely thing to hear.
on 4 November 2015
enjoyable
on 24 November 2011
I believe that Rumer is an amazing talent who will eventually fill the vacancy left by the late, great Dusty Springfield. However, Rumer is her own person and I'm not suggesting, as many already have done, that she is some retro act. Having said that, she needs to avoid the temptation to record mediocre songs like this and concentrate on doing what she does best. This is a singer afterall, who was flown out to the USA by Burt Bacharach to record one of his new compositions. On a more positive note, Rumer's next album, Boys don't cry, is going to be released in 2012 and having heard much of it sung live, it will more than compensate for this one mistake.