Customer reviews

Critical Error
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.39

on 24 May 2012
I finished this book in a day! The plot keeps the reader engaged at all times, and there are plenty of twists and turns to go with the fast moving action.
If you haven't read Murray McDonald before, this is a great book to start with. Murray's ability to weave an engaging tale is matched only by the quality of his dental work!
Keep up the good work, Mr McDonald, and don't forget to floss!
on 9 December 2015
Good read
on 17 May 2013
I have just finished tj=his book and enthralled is my reaction. I cant get enough of this guy.
Hopefully there are plenty more to come

Yorkie
on 19 February 2015
really good read
on 18 February 2015
I found Critical Error to be a fast paced and interesting thriller, with
Well written characters in it. All in All difficult to put down
on 13 November 2012
Let me fess up right away and admit this isn't my usual genre. If I want a fast-paced page turner, I usually head for the horror or sci-fi section. However, after trying Murray McDonald's young adult books and enjoying them (despite being far too old - I was researching for my kids...), I thought I'd give Critical Error a go.

About a third of the way through, I started to get worried about the politics. The Middle East situation is a tough subject to take on and not reveal some kind of bias and I could feel my hackles rising. However, I persevered and began to realise the author had no political axe to grind but just wanted to tell an exciting story.

No spoilers here, but I was unprepared for the denouement, despite plenty of clues (now that I come to think of it!) Yes, there are bad guys - it's a thriller, after all - but there's no side-taking here, just a great read with twists. When's the movie being released?
on 7 February 2012
Having read and really enjoyed Scion - I was really looking forward to Critical Error and wasn't disappointed! From page one, it's off on a turbo charged adrenalin drive. Great plot with clever twists & turns.
on 7 December 2012
This is a well written, well researched and exciting book. It is a real page turner with plenty of twists and turns and certainly an unexpected ending. I would recommend this book and I will certainly be reading the rest of the authors books.
on 20 January 2015
Excellent read. If you like thriller, action, conspiracy then this book is definitely for you. I’ve read the book in two days, it was gripping and well written that I couldn’t let it go. I had a feeling I was watching a movie with Stallone. The main character is a trained assassin Sam Baker. Retired for 3 years and then woke up from the reality into this fiction when his brother Charles Baker decided to run for president of the US. Conspiracy involving Mossad, Middle East, CIA, FBI, President’s man and government and the “rulers from the shadow”. However, the story is too corrupt or to say too good for the main character to be true, hence 4 stars instead of 5.
on 13 December 2012
Having read one of this author's other books, 'Scion', which I really enjoyed, I was hoping that this would be as good and I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised as it took off just as quickly as Scion and took me on a thrilling world trip of pace and action. I won't give away the huge twist (as some reviewers have) but I will say that I didn't see it coming and it was fantastic. A thoroughly original plot with loads of action. I highly recommend it!