on 26 March 2017
This is probably my favourite one of the series. Something about the pace and content of the storyline really clicked in this one. It's a nice 'easy read' for a fantasy fan.
on 7 May 2015
Well written story and kept me wanting more, at times I had to force myself to stop reading as it was so late. Can't wait for the next book.
on 26 April 2014
A good escapist read. Good character development, solid plot. No real twists in the story but moves along effortlessly. Enjoyed the book
on 24 March 2013
staying up all night type of book. recommend the whole series to anyone looking for something unusual and well written, it can be funny, tragic but always riveting.
More enjoyable than the first. Each character is so well defined it is easy to see them in your minds eye. An excellent read from first page to last. The only problem being when will the third book be published. Don't keep us waiting too long
on 22 March 2014
keeps you going back to it. it has you thinking hope the next one will let me down we will see
on 30 March 2012
I Loved the Mageborn. It sucked me into the point where I read book 1 and immediately book 2. I could not put them down and so read one within each day. I loved the balance of humour, thrills, magic,battles and friendship. The way mordecai 's emotions were described and the tensions. Not happy now that I have to wait for book three to come out!! I was on a roll reading them. Hurry up Mr Manning!
on 16 March 2012
Once again Michael G. Manning has created a masterpiece. As with the first book this one grabs you by the neck and steers you down a road of magic, thrills and fights. What a great read and again I couldn't leave it down I just had to finish it.

Roll on the next one I can't wait........
on 4 March 2012
Great plot, good charaters, compelling to read.
Doesn't babble on aimlessly (i.e. Tolkien) and manages to get the balance right between detail and flow.

If you like fantasy you will enjoy these.

Can't wait for the next installment.
on 20 February 2015
Its like reading one of your old English essays from when you were about 12 years old - keeps making you cringe with embarrassment at how childish the style is; and then you remember, its not in fact written by your 12 year old self, but by a professional author! - who looking at the glowing reviews I can only conclude Is blessed with a lot of very good friends. I find it strangley hypnotic and recommend it if you are having trouble sleeping.