on 13 October 2013
These are a great help if you are bothered about stepping out when there is snow or ice on the ground. A bit fiddly to fit over shoes or boots. Also a good idea to remove footwear before stepping back indoors when returning home. Apart from "trapped" snow and ice, the gripper studs could wreck timber or laminate flooring. Used sensibly, these are well worth having in readiness for the worst of winter weather.
on 10 February 2012
Absolutely brilliant, I can't fall over no matter how hard I try! I cannot recommend these ice grippers highly enough. Excellent value for money too.
on 23 January 2013
The ice grippers have been very effective indeed in stopping me slipping on ice and snow. They are fairly simple to attach to shoes, and easy to remove. It is easy to rinse and dry them in a warm room after use.

I have found two drawbacks: They make walking on pavements a bit awkward where snow and ice are patchy; and although they fit the shoes tightly, they sometimes twist out of position. I would therefore look for a more robust form of ice gripper for use in longer walks.

I have strongly recommended the ice grippers to a friend, and have this week ordered a second pair for her on her request!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 November 2016
I bought these for the pending weather that can be expected in the coming months I have a pair in the car and wanted a pair for my rucksack for when I go walking. My passion is photography so I need to get to places others do not want to.

I will say from the start I gave these 4 stars simply because they would not fit my terrain boots properly which are a size 8 like all my shoes and these grips are supposed to fit 7-10. I could not imagine how someone with size 10 shoes will fit these.

They are more designed for trainers, fortunately I have a superb pair of quality trainers from Clarke's. These Ice Grippers do fit a lot better on those and possibly on my hiking boots, albeit they are being repaired at this time. I certainly hope so as I use them a lot.

Once on the shoe (not boot) they do fit snugly which is reassuring. Nothing worse than slipping because the Ice Grippers are the cause. The information on the webpage stats there are steel studs albeit that is hard to tell, they do look like an alloy. They really need to be stainless steel to be up for the tasks I will want them for. I have seen packs of replacements which is a good thing as ice is not nice and flat like a pathway, but interspersed with rocks which can wear studs away fast.

I'd like to give them 5 stars, but as they do not fit my terrain boots properly, they loose a star.
on 18 December 2013
These arrived today, they definitely are NOT a size 6 to 8, i'm a size 7 and I tried them on and they flap about, my son is a size 11 and they fitted him. They are suppose to fit snugly and stretch over the shoe but these didn't grip anywhere.
on 5 February 2012
I bought these on the off chance that we have a winter like in 2010/11. We then had snow Feb 2012 and these got some use. They were great, did not slip once on the snow/ice. The good thing is that the spikes are not too big or pointy and thus they are not bad on surfaces that are not covered in snow and also do not damage your floor (on carpet - not tried on laminate, though could imagine would be very slippery). The vendor was also great - no problems and delivered fast.
I would recommend these as a cheap option for snow walking.
on 15 December 2014
I used it on ice and the yellow plastic broke from the first use. It is OK on snow however it is not designed for ice (the yellow plastic washers holding the metal pins broke immediately)
on 27 February 2013
These do the job but unfortunately one of the studs came out after using only twice. Next time I will buy a more robust expensive pair, they are also very small. I wouldn't recommend.
on 25 January 2013
fantastic product, small and light enough to go in a pocket or bag, easy to put on and off and wow, what a difference to my mobility. Now I am not tottering along like an old lady, but striding confidently across the icy pavements, and leaving my poor husband giggling at the bottom of icy slopes.
Sizing - I bought large, and although they fit comfortably onto my range of size 6 boots and shoes, I don't think they would fit well onto boots much larger. This makes a good fit and less likely to ping off, (which some other kinds of ice grippers do) but check the sizes carefully before you buy.
on 13 December 2012
ordered size 6 to 8 take size 6 shoes but there is not a lot of flexability in them so can only use on a pair of boots that are quite narrow, would advise getting larger than you need if want to put over trainers, wider boots or wellies. Not tried out yet as still waiting for the snow but bought them on the recommendation of someone that used them last year so can't say if they work or not yet. On the plus side they look strong and sturdy and the price was very good compared to others of the same type that i've seen