Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(5 star). See all 51 reviews
on 10 November 2016
A good story line and well written, worth a read
on 16 March 2017
Fluffy
on 21 February 2012
I must start by saying that I NEVER read 'chick lit'... I am more a serial killer, thriller, horror kinda girl. However, I LOVED this book!

The book follows Charlotte who discovers, just before she is due to move to Paris with her Fiancee, that her Fiancee is cheating on her. Charlotte still moves to Paris and we join her in her exploits as she struggles to overcome her heartbreak with men, wine and through her blog which details the rules of how to 'date like a man'.

This book has all the ingrediants of great 'chick lit' but what appeals to me the most is Juliette Sobanets ability to convey such powerful emotions whilst also making the book funny and easy to read. I think ANY women could relate to the overpowering emotions of anger, grief, hurt and emotion that Charlotte feels even if you may not agree with the ways in which she initially deals with her emotions. However, these 'flaws' make Charlotte even more real and help the reader to feel real connection as Charlotte faces her journey back to love and happiness.

Finally as a lover of Paris I think Juliette Sobanet captures the magic of the beautiful city perfectly!
on 14 November 2012
I love a book with a French theme and I will always remember this one, not only as it was my first eBook, but also as it contains my favourite line (so far) in a book;

"I thought my heart was going melt into a puddle right there on the cobblestones"

Then there is the chocolate! What girl doesn't love chocolate? Well, you won't believe the role chocolate plays in this book, but if you think romance, Paris, hunky Frenchman, you will be along the right lines, and I'll be honest, I'm not looking for much else in a girlie book! I really enjoyed this book, the characters were great fun, and Juliette's love of her time spent in Paris and Lyon, really comes across. I found myself looking for any excuse to open it and carry on reading; even if it was only for a five-minute drive into town - my poor husband, I used to talk to him in the car. Looking forward to reading Kissed in Paris
on 13 October 2013
I found this to be a light yet a very compelling read. I completed it in three sessions and then I ordered the next novel, Kissed in Paris, which I have almost completed reading and am thoroughly enjoying. If you enjoy a story with a happy ending then you will enjoy Sleeping with Paris.. The story begins with Charlotte, newly engaged to her boyfriend and ready to marry him and move with him to Paris when she finds out that he has joined an on-line dating agency and he is two=timing her with another woman. Disillusioned, she turns to her friends for both advice and comfort. She decides to go to Paris as planned and finds cheap accommodation so that she can attend her French classes at the Sorbonne University. Whilst in Paris she meets up with both male and female new friends who she goes out with. She also starts a blog online on how to date like a man and enjoys herself trying to prove that she doesn't need another relationship with any lasting ties.In doing so she hurts many of her friends who are in worthwhile relationships. It all works out happily for Charlotte in the end although there is a twist to the story, which makes it enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend this book, which also sets the scene with apt descriptions of Parisian life.
on 12 May 2012
Loved it! What a fun romp through one of my favourite cities - Paris! Juliette's description of the city took me back down streets I'd walked down myself.

Charlotte is a strong woman but carries a lot of emotional baggage which later in the story the reader discovers she's carried it around since she was a young teenager. Because of this, she's afraid to love for fear of being hurt, yet when Luc (Half-naked French Hottie) comes into her life, there's more than just steamy sex although, she does her best to push him away in her quest to "date like a man" and protect her heart at all costs.

When Charlotte realizes what a mess she's made of things, Juliette leaves the reader wishing and hoping that she and Luc will get back together.

I have Kissing in Paris by this author downloaded on my Kindle and can't wait to read it.
on 31 December 2012
I originally found this book while it was free on freedigitalreads.com and added it to the pile to read it at some point.

Well today was the day, started it this morning and have only put it down because I've finushed it. If you like sex and the city and a good old romance with a heart warming ending then you will love this book.

You find yourself rooting for certain characters right from the start and read it just that little bit faster to find out what happens on the next page.

All in all strong characters, juicy plot and leaves you wanting more!
on 25 October 2012
This is definitely not the kind of book I usually read, I only got it because it was free. But once I started it, I just couldn't stop reading it as I just wanted to know what would happen next. It's very entertaining and fun, I definitely recommend it and it is worth paying a few quid to have it!
on 1 September 2012
This is not your usual boy meets girl and they fall in love story, it's more a boy meets girl but girl is so busy trying not to get hurt she doesn't notice she's fallen in love until it's too late kinda story! It's a nice easy read which keeps you engrossed until the end. Really enjoyed it :)
on 24 April 2013
I bought this on my kindle to read on journeys, but once I started I couldn't put it down.
Amazing story and really well written. I really enjoyed everything about it.
I look forward to discovery other books by the same Author.