on 26 December 2011
I was caught by the title and having run in the past my imagination (and expectation) were fired. What I found was an interesting walk through areas of the author's life, experience and inspirations.

I like to think of the book as a reflection of the way our minds wander when we have time to ourselves when we're alone with our thoughts, to determine our direction, prepare for future times and come to terms with our issues.

Understated, yet good book to read.
on 26 July 2013
Honest, beautifully written exploration of his relationship with running and with creativity. If you're a runner, or getting into running, or a writer, then this is a fantastic read.
on 3 February 2014
For a runner, this book is a refreshing look at the sport without ego. Add to it, it is by an author as incredible as Murakami, and it brings a whole other dimension to it...
on 18 February 2015
Although I am not a runner at the level of Mr Murakami, I could totally relate to the feelings and thoughts he describes in the book. A real inspiration to keep on running
on 20 December 2011
Murakami is one of my favorite writers but I had never read "Running" because I am definitely not a good runner (saying that I run like a girl would be a kindness). But I picked this up looking for a book to read when not working on my thesis, thinking that it would at least be light-years away from the books I have to read for uni, it it was just beautiful. It's difficult to boil this book down into a sentence because there are a range of topics, running to writing, weather to travel to old age. It's funny at times, nostalgic, even bittersweet. It's deeply intimate, like reading someone's journal, it's philosophy without the incomprehensible wordage. Just lovely.
on 22 November 2014
Self indulgent drivel. Read books that entertain and run if you want but don't waste your time reading this garbage
on 10 September 2015
If you like Murakami you will love this and might be inspired to take up running; well brisk walking at least! Will give you new insight and motivation!
on 29 March 2009
and like murakami, this is a good book to bring you into his thoughts about life, lifestyle and running.
on 27 January 2013
thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend to anyone looking for inspiration about endurance, and not especially for running or exercise
on 10 March 2013
Excellent book for those who like running, or those who like Murakami.
Deep thinking about self achievement through running and sports.