on 6 August 2017
My first Japanese author, and Murakami book too. I found the plot intriguing and absorbing, the link between real and meta physical almost well explained. I needed a few more answers by the end of the book, but perhaps that is life (and typical of Japanese authors+ Murakami)- it has many questions and fewer answers.
on 24 June 2017
I loved the book, the characters, the philosophy. I found the surreal and abstract concepts a little tricky to follow at times and hard to digest and interpret fully; but if you just let go and follow it through it rewards immensely.

Beautiful and humorous, a truly wonderful story.
on 28 October 2014
I read the whole thing. This is the second Murakami book I've read, and I watched a third in the movies (Norwegian). After this one I've decided I'm not into Murakami, his stories are just too surreal and unsettling for my taste. My general feel is that they tend to be unhappy stories.
on 28 March 2017
Beautiful book
on 27 August 2017
A book club read. An interesting storyline based on the legend of Oedipus. Translated into English.
on 4 April 2017
I really enjoyed this twisted modern Oedipus tale. Careful, as a big Murakami fan I might be a bit biased.
on 9 May 2017
I am still fairly new to Haruki Murakami but I am certainly impressed with "Kafka on the Shore". Fantastic read.
on 15 April 2017
Great
on 1 September 2017
Just a bit too weird for my liking
on 16 December 2013
Great book, great author - I have read many of his books and loved them all! A must read for everyone!