on 10 August 2015
I found this hard to get into and didn't enjoy it. Simply personal preference though.
on 19 May 2017
Sumptuous language, dripping with delicious imagery; a fascinating narrative of Norse mythology and timely allegory for the current state of things. I wish it was longer!
on 10 March 2016
A gift but enjoyed by recipient
on 25 October 2015
Best ficiton I've read in ages.
on 8 November 2012
Straight retelling of myth can be extremely dull - like reading an old schoolbook. This avoided that pitfall by linking the Asgard stories to the writers wartime childhood in a way that I found both subtle and convincing. Beautifully written - I liked the way alliteration in the prose gave it a Norse feel.
One person found this helpful
on 13 July 2015
Excellent product
on 16 October 2014
great
on 14 November 2014
Read a copy from the library and enjoyed it so much I bought a copy as a gift for my daughter.
on 26 July 2015
thanks!
on 29 November 2012
I enjoyed the poetic use of language and the traditional story telling approach. Ok, yes it is a tad pretentious but a beautiful read.