Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 August 2010
I remember the first time I managed to sneak a look at Brendan O'Carroll. I was 8 years old and my folks had it on VHS. It was fantastic. It stuck in my head for ages, and only recently has it become available on amazon. I could only get it on ebay before and that's a pain to use. Anyway the reason I find this man so hilarious is not just because of the things he says but how he says them. I'm from, Dublin, so granted I might be bias, but when he talks about being drunk, and telling his children off it makes me laugh out loud, as I know people who do it just how he does. If there is a way to describe Brendan O'Carroll to someone in a nutshell it's this....the Irish version of Roy Chubby Brown, who I also happen to find very funny!
on 16 September 2012
Sean Lock is an absolute comedy genius. Bought this collection as i have only ever seen Sean on TV and he always cracks me up. Just waiting for him to do another tour now so i can catch him LIVE in person. This box-set will fill the void until that moment. The DVD's themselves are very good by comedy DVD standards with nice extra features. Highly recommended.
on 9 May 2011
If you have never seen Brendan O'Carroll live, then this is the box set to buy.

The guy is hilarious, sort of in the same vein as Billy Connolly, but MUCH funnier.

Some of the songs on here will make you cringe and laugh at the same time!

Each dvd is from a different year - there are some similarities within each performance, but you really have to see this guys energy and the way he connects with his audience!
on 13 March 2012
I am Sean locks partner and am responding to the review that accuses him of repeating material on his DVD box set. That is utter nonsense there is not one joke idea ad lib that is repeated. He doesn't mind if you don't like his stuff but to accuse him of being a conman is deeply offensive. I gave it 4 stars because that seems the average.
on 15 February 2012
My DVD collection was down to the bare bones so the chairman done a deal to get these two DVDs for a tenner. I don't like to talk about about other people's DVDs as it's disrespectful but I ave always been a fan of Sean Lock. He's a triffic comdeian and a great lad to ave about the stage.
on 22 February 2013
Bought this as a present for my daughter in law and she was delighted as she adores Sean Lock. I can take him or leave him but as long as she was happy that was all that mattered. Came well packaged and earlier than expected.
on 27 December 2012
Being a fan of Mrs Brown Boys, I wanted to collect more comedy by the
great man himself Brendan O' Carroll.
I ordered this dvd as it had good reviews from others on the website.
You can see by this dvd the creation of Mrs Brown, and it was still entertaining to watch.
I did enjoy this dvd very much, the other characters he has also developed.
I would recommend the collection to others who also like this kind of raw comedy
and who are not offended by the use of language it has.......
on 1 July 2015
Had been looking for this for a while - know it was2nd hand but said good condition. 1st DVD played fine the 2nd had a "blip" across 3/4 minutes of it - we have yet to watch the 3rd and 4th - rather disappointed
on 2 March 2014
Sean Lock must be 1 of the funniest comedians on the circuit right now. His observations are spot on and after watching his dvds you find yourself laughing for days after remembering the things he said. A truly funny man
on 3 June 2011
We are enjoying the dvd's very funny and I cannot wait for the BBC versions to come out in November