Customer reviews

Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 27 November 2013
As an American who moved to the UK three years ago, I had never heard of Dara O'Briain. I had no idea what I was missing! I have watched each of the shows several times now. Normally I watch a comics show and I laugh, and that is it. I rarely revist them. But I have actually found myself laughing in *anticipation* of the jokes before he even says them! Hands down the best comic out there today, I frequently send clips to my friends and family in America, who all think he is hilarious. Unfortunately, you can't even buy the discs from the US Amazon store so I can't buy them for friends, but I am definitely spreading the word of his brilliance!
One person found this helpful
on 17 October 2014
Only watched the first 2 so far, but both are really good videos of live shows by Dara Ô Briain.

Dara Ô Briain conducts very interactive shows often involving the people on the front row. The subsequent conversations adding the the performances that he gives as he builds upon them.

I also watched some fo the extras on the first two DVDs, my favourite being the In-Vision Commentary and Drinking Games where Dara and other comedians watch the show and comment. Obviously, the cut is designed not to be as polished, but the humour between the comedians is well worth watching.
One person found this helpful
on 14 February 2015
The three live shows are all very funny and in as much as they are all Dara O'Briain they are the same, but different every show he does even in the same tour is unique because he involves the audience so much. He thinks quickly on his feet and has a really fast come back that will have you laughing before he has even finished the punchline. I was so impressed with the shows that I bought them again as presents for friends that I knew would appreciate a good giggle. If you are looking to watch a show that makes you laugh and feel better you will go a long way before you find a better one
on 1 February 2012
I bought this as a christmas present for my mother. However sat down to watch them as a family. If you know Dara from Mock the Week be warned he does use a lot of mature language in his stand up shows. So this isn't family viewing for younger members of the family compared to the likes of Bill Bailey who hardly swears at all. That being said though it does not detract from the comedy and each disc is funnier than the one before. Dara O'Briain sets the benchmark for stand up quite high in this set as he is consistently funny in each one.
7 people found this helpful
on 5 June 2017
I was looking for one of the DVDs for a while. Having all 3 gave us hours of 1st class entertainment. The man is brilliant.
on 7 March 2017
Good value. He is very funny in the early videos, However, you can see the cynicism kicking later on.
on 28 February 2016
it the master
on 15 November 2014
Very funny DVDS if you like Dara OBrian you will enjoy these
on 3 October 2015
funny
on 6 June 2016
What can I say - its Dara O'Briain, he's funny, 'nuff said.