on 13 July 2012
After finishing shredded in 30 I wanted to carry on with the workouts as they were brilliant and were having a good effect on my body and motivation. This came just before I finished shredded in 30, I had one day off and started ripped. Well I thought the shred was hard but boy this is a lot harder and more intense.

Jillian is a lot more upbeat and jokey in this one which I didn't mind but I can see why other might be put off by it. There are 4 levels in this DVD and she advises you take at least one day off if not two (hooray), it works on the same principal of shredded but you do each level for 5/6 days take your rest day then move on a level. This works better for me than shredded as i don't get bored, if i hate a level i know I will be moving on in a few days and best of all you get at least one rest day.

I have 2 more days until I have completed the DVD (whoop) I did 6 days on 1 day off and I have to say combined with shredded it has a massive impact on my body I am so much more toned now, I don't have back fat, my belly is flat, no muffin top for me. My legs and bum are tight and I have shape on my upper body. I don't have a boob overhang either and everything looks so much better on me.

I actually think Jillian is the best i have even got my 63year old mum who is a size 16 onto shredded and she has just finished level 2 and is very very pleased with herself as she has dropped a dress size and can now get up from a squat position without holding onto something. Overall she feels a lot more healthier.

If you want to change your body do her DVD's you will change it's not a promise but a fact, DO IT TODAY :-)
on 29 May 2016
Ouch! I completed the 30 day shred and decided to move onto a new challenge. My trouble areas are my bum and thighs so I decided this DVD combo would be perfect. I could do ripped in 30 when I was short on time and bums and thighs when I have time for a longer workout.

Bums and thighs is advertised as a 30 minute workout but keep in mind this doesn't include warm up and cool down time. If like me you exercise first thing before work I would considering it more like 45-50 start to finish including warm up and cool down so you can plan how long you can safely snooze your alarm before getting up and working out. Allowing time to eat and shower after and still get to work on time!

Jillian isn't messing around in these work outs! I thought level 3 of the shred was hard but she manages to find another level in these! My legs feel like jelly but they do what they set out to do. Thanks again Jillian!
on 28 February 2012
Really pleased to find this double pack as contained both DVDs I wanted for less money!

Both DVDs contain great workouts and you will get fit and lose weight if you follow them regularly along with a healthy diet! What I love about these DVDs is that they do not take long but work you hard... just as you think you cant possibly do another rep you are quickly on to the next exercise.

I think the only thing which is misleading is that level 3 is not necessarily harder than level 1 (this is something I have found on most of Jillians DVDs).

I LOVE Jillian BUT find it really annoying how much she flirts with one of her 'back ground' girls. If she treated both girls the same it wouldnt be too bad but she is positively 'cold' to one whilst flirting like a crazy women with the other!
on 15 August 2012
I am very happy to found this video Ripped in 30 and JM method of workout. I am now JM convert and I am recommending to my friends too. I've got 2 young kids and working full-time so going to gym is not a practical option. I used to go to gym 3-4 days a week before I have children/ not too busy at work. And I have stopped for 7 years. Now in my beginning of 40 and I really feel that I need to get back in to shape. So I have looked for best/effective workout video and I found this and also I heard about JM so I thought of give it a try.

The workout, I would say more effective than gym in 30 min since her method is to work multiple muscles at the same time. It will make you sweat a lot!!!.. It is quite tough but you will be able to do more on the 3rd day of each week. My friends started to notice with a surprise how fast my body was change in 3 weeks. I didn't eat according to her meal plan since I don't have time to get the ingredients and prepare for my self also for the kids and for my husband. So I just eat less rice (we eat rice in every meal) and eat more fruits in between and try to have just soups in the evening for 3 days a week and eat lean meat/chicken the rest of the week. So it works for me and I am very happy with the result. But if you can follow her meal plan you will get the maximum benefits.

I've also tried the Killer Burns & Thighs for 2 days so far, they are also very good effective, you can feel and see the results. So I am recommending to everyone who has little time but want effective workout. After I done this I will try her other videos 6 weeks 6 pack and no more trouble zone etc. and will alternate her videos. All her method are 3-2-1 so you won't get wrong. You will burn fat, work hard on your cardio and get you into shape in 30 min a day..so..go for it!
on 24 January 2013
I usually workout in the gym three times a week mixing Stronglifts and Starting Strength. Me and my girlfriend got a baby and in Sweden I get 10 days paid 80% at home with a newborn as a man. I even took 5 days extra from "stay home money". So I started doing Ripped in 30.

I did 6 days a week.
The first week was hard in the sense that I wasn't used to train like this. My buttocks hurt after 3 days. But after warm-up I just did the exercise.

Week 1 and 2 are tough but exercise is supposed to be tough!

Starting week 3 things got a lot harder! And week 4 was as hard as week 3.

After week 2 I noticed my six pack becoming clearer and after 4 weeks it was really clear. The training was hard and effective.
If you really can't spare any time going to the gym then this is for you.

I had to start on lower weights in squats in the gym but my shoulder press and bench press went up which I didn't expect.

Doing shoulder press with your head down is really not recommended and I am surprised Jillian had this exercise in the program. There is too much stress on the head and if you're unlucky you can get a thrombosis.

Other than that I did do some changes here and there but it just made it harder! :-)

Great program and Jillian is as annoying as always but she gets the job done!
on 10 July 2012
This work-out doesn't just transform your body, I believe it will also transform your wallet.
I have been a member of a gym for 10 years now, and the monthly membership fee is not cheap believe me. However, having purchased this DVD - (started with 30 day shred), I am now about to hand in my 3 months notice to the gym. There really is no need for a gym membership all you need to do is invest in her boxed set and vary the workouts. You will get results, and as Jillian is fond of saying.."the workouts takes the place of putting in hours and hours in the gym".
Also, I used to compete in bodybuilding and I had physical strength and was very toned, however, I was lacking in cardiovascular fitness - I now find that doing this workouts regularly (ie. 4-5 times a week) has also helped improved my cardio. I can sprint for 5 minutes before I get tired - I used to struggle to do a 2 minute sprint.
Don't think about it, just get it..
I have now invested in the boxed set, and can't wait to try the Banish Fat, boost metabolism. I have never had this type of thing happen before, where I look forward to doing a workout, even though I feel like I'm going to die whilst doing it!
on 8 July 2012
This is my latest purchase of JM's DVDs. I have 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 week 6 Pack. This one is definitely my favourite! RI30 is very similar to 30 DS but I find the workouts much more 'enjoyable' for want of a better word but even more challenging! Level 1 is fairly hard for first couple of goes but you soon get used do it, I did this for a while as I first found it one the Fitness channel, moving on to level 2 I found it much more difficult, gasping for breath, sweat dripping off me and, for me that's all in the first 10 minutes, however, I managed to complete it and did it for 5 days and I am now on level 3, again I found this level very hard and it hasn't seemed to get any easier - I look like I've just finished a marathon at the end of it. Moving on to level 4 tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I definitely know I've worked out and do feel great afterwards. I am not dieting in any way but I have noticed a difference already in my body tone. I don't know how other people manage to combine two of her workouts in one go, maybe it's because I'm 42, however, I have exercised regularly for years now. Also the idea of Ripped in 30 surely means you should be able to achieve the results you want by completing just one of her workouts at a time - I thought that was the point?

So far I have only tried Killer Buns and Thighs twice I think. This is a very difficult workout but when I have completed RI30, I am planning on moving up the levels in this work out too. The girls do look amazing - Natalie is almost unrecognisable, even her face is different, strangely?! For me this is a brilliant box set and excellent value for money - buy it, you won't be disappointed!
on 4 April 2012
Very good fitness dvds for women. They are challenging, but as Jillian says during the workouts, if the contestants from the Biggest Loser can do those moves than so can anyone else. I must admit I ached a LOT after doing the two dvds back to back, and there are parts of the workouts that I do not look forward to, but that's the whole point, you have to put in the work to get results. I would highly recommend all of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and books, and her website with training and diet plan (yes it is american but still very useful for those in the UK).
on 25 July 2012
I have seen the show "The bigges loser US" and this mad woman shout at fat people and make them cry. I thought, why not give it a go, she promised a ripped body so it can't be that bad. So I ordered it and it came quickly. The introduction was like "work hard and it'll be rewarding", right. The first exercise was exactly half an hour and I've never sweated so much in my life, but I'm no fattie. I don't know how she does it, but the workout is very effective and I can see my muscles growing even though I've only been doing this for a week and a half. It's really good and effective, and I recommend it.

PS: don't worry she doesn't shout at you :)
on 10 February 2017
This woman is superhuman! I swear I was nearly dying half way through the first excercise lol.. i enjoyed her way of working through them. And you can feel after the first run