Customer reviews

on 28 February 2012
Really pleased to find this double pack as contained both DVDs I wanted for less money!

Both DVDs contain great workouts and you will get fit and lose weight if you follow them regularly along with a healthy diet! What I love about these DVDs is that they do not take long but work you hard... just as you think you cant possibly do another rep you are quickly on to the next exercise.

I think the only thing which is misleading is that level 3 is not necessarily harder than level 1 (this is something I have found on most of Jillians DVDs).

I LOVE Jillian BUT find it really annoying how much she flirts with one of her 'back ground' girls. If she treated both girls the same it wouldnt be too bad but she is positively 'cold' to one whilst flirting like a crazy women with the other!
on 31 July 2012
Like many people, I have tried and tested all sorts of exercise DVD's, Wii Zumba, Wii Fit, etc, etc - but this is deffinately the best yet! Jillian is fab! She really works you and you feel like you are doing the exercise with her. The routines are around 30mins, and are a killer, but fun!
I am loving Ripped in 30 and working through the weeks, but have gone back a couple of times to other weeks for a variation. Have noticed body change, and loving it.
I have also tried week one on Killer Buns & Thighs, and OMG! This is tough! Once I have completed the 4weeks of Ripped in 30, I will go onto the Killer Buns & Thighs as hopefully my stamener will have improved.
If you want a fun varied tough work out 5 days a week, then these are the ones for you.
Can't wait to try out her other DVDs!
on 5 February 2012
These are great work-outs especially if you are short on time, short, but not on a good workout, you feel that you have HAD a workout. I have several of Jillian Michaels DVD's, I find these great in between my usual DVD workouts when I have not got a lot of time. I would recommend them.
on 25 July 2012
I have seen the show "The bigges loser US" and this mad woman shout at fat people and make them cry. I thought, why not give it a go, she promised a ripped body so it can't be that bad. So I ordered it and it came quickly. The introduction was like "work hard and it'll be rewarding", right. The first exercise was exactly half an hour and I've never sweated so much in my life, but I'm no fattie. I don't know how she does it, but the workout is very effective and I can see my muscles growing even though I've only been doing this for a week and a half. It's really good and effective, and I recommend it.

PS: don't worry she doesn't shout at you :)
on 9 May 2012
Wow! Both dvds are great workout and will get you sweting. I am on 3rd week of the workouts and and I can see the difference already. My thights are rock hard. I am trying to combine both workouts everyday to results faster. I recommend them. Great buy.
on 8 July 2012
This is my latest purchase of JM's DVDs. I have 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 week 6 Pack. This one is definitely my favourite! RI30 is very similar to 30 DS but I find the workouts much more 'enjoyable' for want of a better word but even more challenging! Level 1 is fairly hard for first couple of goes but you soon get used do it, I did this for a while as I first found it one the Fitness channel, moving on to level 2 I found it much more difficult, gasping for breath, sweat dripping off me and, for me that's all in the first 10 minutes, however, I managed to complete it and did it for 5 days and I am now on level 3, again I found this level very hard and it hasn't seemed to get any easier - I look like I've just finished a marathon at the end of it. Moving on to level 4 tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I definitely know I've worked out and do feel great afterwards. I am not dieting in any way but I have noticed a difference already in my body tone. I don't know how other people manage to combine two of her workouts in one go, maybe it's because I'm 42, however, I have exercised regularly for years now. Also the idea of Ripped in 30 surely means you should be able to achieve the results you want by completing just one of her workouts at a time - I thought that was the point?

So far I have only tried Killer Buns and Thighs twice I think. This is a very difficult workout but when I have completed RI30, I am planning on moving up the levels in this work out too. The girls do look amazing - Natalie is almost unrecognisable, even her face is different, strangely?! For me this is a brilliant box set and excellent value for money - buy it, you won't be disappointed!
on 4 April 2012
Very good fitness dvds for women. They are challenging, but as Jillian says during the workouts, if the contestants from the Biggest Loser can do those moves than so can anyone else. I must admit I ached a LOT after doing the two dvds back to back, and there are parts of the workouts that I do not look forward to, but that's the whole point, you have to put in the work to get results. I would highly recommend all of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and books, and her website with training and diet plan (yes it is american but still very useful for those in the UK).
on 1 April 2012
This box set is brilliant. Just when you think you can't do another rep Jillian Michaels moves to another exercise. She is very clever at working one set of muscles then the apposing ones eg quads and hamstrings. I have a good level of fitness (marathon runner) so I have been using 3kg dumbell weights withe the workouts, it really pushes the core but you get quicker result on the upper body and the legs have to work harder having to squat, lunge and do the plyometric work with extra weight. I would highly recommend Michaels DVD's
on 15 February 2012
I love ripped in 30, did it for 30 days straight and the results were brilliant. Starting on killer buns and thighs now and that lives up to the rest of the tough workouts Jillian puts you through!
on 22 October 2012
Ripped in 30 is one of the best workouts I've tried. However, I think a total beginner to exercise would find a lot of the moves difficult, especially when you hit week 2 with its many plank formations. My upper body strength isn't so great and I found even the modifications to be a little tricky so instead of sitting them out I substituted them with moves from week 1 which worked similar muscles.
Having just started week 3 I can definitely say WOW! My leg muscles were burning and the pace seemed to quicken and at times even the girl doing the advanced moves in the DVD seemed to be struggling. This DVD is not for the faint hearted and to let my body recover I have been doing the workouts every other day, but if you start slow and only move on through the weeks when you feel ready it will give you great results.
From start to finish Jillian Michaels encourages you through the workouts and really makes you want to give it your all.
After only a month I'm already seeing a difference to my body and I can't wait to try Killer Buns and Thighs to really complete my transformation.