on 30 December 2011
This work out is not for the faint hearted. I started with level 1 Ripped in 30 - owwww! Some how I found the strenght to do Killer Buns and Thighs level 1 - oh my!! Owww!!

Both workouts have new moves which some are just insane. Both workouts are fun as there is interaction between Jillian and her girls. If anything, Natalie (Killer Buns) is enough motivation to work out. Buy it, it works becuase my body is aching and sweat was literally pouring down my face. 29 days and counting - wohay!!
on 13 July 2012
After finishing shredded in 30 I wanted to carry on with the workouts as they were brilliant and were having a good effect on my body and motivation. This came just before I finished shredded in 30, I had one day off and started ripped. Well I thought the shred was hard but boy this is a lot harder and more intense.

Jillian is a lot more upbeat and jokey in this one which I didn't mind but I can see why other might be put off by it. There are 4 levels in this DVD and she advises you take at least one day off if not two (hooray), it works on the same principal of shredded but you do each level for 5/6 days take your rest day then move on a level. This works better for me than shredded as i don't get bored, if i hate a level i know I will be moving on in a few days and best of all you get at least one rest day.

I have 2 more days until I have completed the DVD (whoop) I did 6 days on 1 day off and I have to say combined with shredded it has a massive impact on my body I am so much more toned now, I don't have back fat, my belly is flat, no muffin top for me. My legs and bum are tight and I have shape on my upper body. I don't have a boob overhang either and everything looks so much better on me.

I actually think Jillian is the best i have even got my 63year old mum who is a size 16 onto shredded and she has just finished level 2 and is very very pleased with herself as she has dropped a dress size and can now get up from a squat position without holding onto something. Overall she feels a lot more healthier.

If you want to change your body do her DVD's you will change it's not a promise but a fact, DO IT TODAY :-)
on 12 January 2012
Brilliant boxset. We get the usual greatness from Jillian.

Killer Buns and Thighs: I found this to be one of the tougher Jillian DVDs.

A real bum and leg killer. Burned about 260 calories during level 1 of this. Be prepared to sweat and ache the next day!

I've only done this once because of a knee issue i have at the moment and doing this dvd aggravated it so i'm waiting till my knee is back to full strength before i attempt again. Disappointed about it cos i really enjoyed this workout! Another great DVD from Jillian.

Ripped in 30: I've previously done 30 Day Shred and expected the same sort of thing seeing as it's the same format. But noooooooo! This is much tougher, even at Level 1. I burned about 240 calories in the approx 20 minute long workout. There are new moves, it's exciting and motivating. Will be coming back to this one again and again.
on 26 April 2012
I have had Jillian Michael's DVDs before and these are in the same mould - good challenging exercise and only 20/30 mins. My only reservation is that I cannot turn the subtitles off on one of them but at the end of the day, don't really care, doesn't affect the use of the DVD
on 5 February 2012
These are great work-outs especially if you are short on time, short, but not on a good workout, you feel that you have HAD a workout. I have several of Jillian Michaels DVD's, I find these great in between my usual DVD workouts when I have not got a lot of time. I would recommend them.
on 10 July 2012
This work-out doesn't just transform your body, I believe it will also transform your wallet.
I have been a member of a gym for 10 years now, and the monthly membership fee is not cheap believe me. However, having purchased this DVD - (started with 30 day shred), I am now about to hand in my 3 months notice to the gym. There really is no need for a gym membership all you need to do is invest in her boxed set and vary the workouts. You will get results, and as Jillian is fond of saying.."the workouts takes the place of putting in hours and hours in the gym".
Also, I used to compete in bodybuilding and I had physical strength and was very toned, however, I was lacking in cardiovascular fitness - I now find that doing this workouts regularly (ie. 4-5 times a week) has also helped improved my cardio. I can sprint for 5 minutes before I get tired - I used to struggle to do a 2 minute sprint.
Don't think about it, just get it..
I have now invested in the boxed set, and can't wait to try the Banish Fat, boost metabolism. I have never had this type of thing happen before, where I look forward to doing a workout, even though I feel like I'm going to die whilst doing it!
on 28 February 2012
Really pleased to find this double pack as contained both DVDs I wanted for less money!

Both DVDs contain great workouts and you will get fit and lose weight if you follow them regularly along with a healthy diet! What I love about these DVDs is that they do not take long but work you hard... just as you think you cant possibly do another rep you are quickly on to the next exercise.

I think the only thing which is misleading is that level 3 is not necessarily harder than level 1 (this is something I have found on most of Jillians DVDs).

I LOVE Jillian BUT find it really annoying how much she flirts with one of her 'back ground' girls. If she treated both girls the same it wouldnt be too bad but she is positively 'cold' to one whilst flirting like a crazy women with the other!
on 11 February 2012
I bought the video and have started out on the 30 day ripped. I love the format, a week of exercises, then the next week is at a higher level of intensity and so on. Jillian Michaels seems to be more playful in this dvd than most of her outings. She jokes, she explains and she even suggests breaks. ie a week is five or six days of exercise and a day off!
Having said that I found that week 3 is a killer and I had to stop there. It is very hard work. I am trying again though.
As a two DVD pack it is a great value for money item
The second DVd is more specific, toning up your butt. As an elderly guy I am way past my killer butt days!
on 23 January 2012
If there is one exercise DVD you buy, it has to be a Jillian Michaels. I have several dvd's of hers and this get ripped in 30 days is brilliant! It is very hard if you are a beginner. It will certainly whip you into shape. I got it to basically give me ideas for personal training and classes. My classes and my clients know they have had a workout. This DVD is a must if you want to trim down. The bums and thighs one is great to.
on 4 April 2012
Very good fitness dvds for women. They are challenging, but as Jillian says during the workouts, if the contestants from the Biggest Loser can do those moves than so can anyone else. I must admit I ached a LOT after doing the two dvds back to back, and there are parts of the workouts that I do not look forward to, but that's the whole point, you have to put in the work to get results. I would highly recommend all of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and books, and her website with training and diet plan (yes it is american but still very useful for those in the UK).