on 8 February 2014
This film is a wonderful example of how to deal with a factual and depressing subject and make it totally watchable. Sure, the violence is covered, quite rightly, but it is cleverly interspersed with Robin Williams' quite brilliant repartie as the maverick DJ brought in to lift the troops' flagging morale. His character change once the violence touches him personally is wonderful to behold. The film never forgets the importance and seriousness of its topic, but there are moments of light relief. Personally I feel this is where it scores over the unending depression of films like Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter. In short a wonderful film, beautifully acted and brilliantly paced.
on 29 June 2011
This film isn't 5 stars, it's 10 stars!!

I remember the first time I watched this with my mum and the whole way through, we laughed our heads off!

Robin is again absolutely hilarious and brings a brilliant performance to the film. He has to be the reason the film went to box-office success because I can't imagine another actor playing the role of Cronauer as well as Robin did!

Not only is this one of my favourite films, it's one of the films I mention when I get asked what's your favourite films?

So seriously buy this DVD now - it's worth it!
on 25 June 2017
Robin Williams was perfect for his role in this movie, made almost thirty years ago this film still stands up today & should re run in cinemas to show the genius that he was. We will never see the likes of his talent again, sit back & enjoy.
Another great we movie robin Williams so funny during war time its been awhile since i seen this but robin Williams is just ever so funny
on 5 June 2016
Robin Williams at his irrepressible best.
on 22 June 2017
An exceptional first class movie from the late great Mr R Williams!
on 8 January 2017
Decent film and the music is a good trip down memory lane
on 18 May 2017
Classic film with a great soundtrack!!!
on 18 May 2017