Customer reviews

on 9 May 2017
Simple to use, great instant feedback from adjustments means you can tailor the sensitivity quickly: the manual gets you up to speed fast and you can set about learning the subtleties of setting the two values. The headphone output is way too loud, though: tried a set of Sennheiser headphones and they'd damage my hearing, and I can't seem to find a volume control, so I tend to use the speaker. My nephew tried it and was utterly enthralled :-)
on 6 April 2017
This is the first detector that I have used, so I'm not qualified to compare it with others, but it seems to do what it is supposed to do. So far the most interesting item I have found is an enigmatic lump of heavily corroded iron that looks rather like a turd lol.
on 18 April 2015
Good value for money and speedy delivery.
on 28 June 2017
Not bad for a begginer
on 4 April 2015
Excellent bit of kit, having to dig even deeper for crap now
on 5 October 2015
Primarily bought the unit to search a gravel drive for roofing nails having suffered one tyre puncture already and this was cheaper than replacing tyres! Easy to use, has a nice balance in the arm, but buy a good set of headphones with some sort of built-in volume control otherwise you will go deaf if you want to use headphones rather than the internal speaker. Had to run a trial with ferrous and non-ferrous objects to sort out the settings as instructions are limited but once that was done I found plenty of objects and at good depth. Have not tried it for treasure-troving as yet.
on 9 September 2014
This was a brilliant buy.
When we had a bit of problems with it making too much noise, Seben was quick to help out. It turned out to be interferrence from cables around the garden for our automatic lawn mower, so with the cables turned off it worked like a dream.
We have used it at the beach and around the garden, and have had responses from metal as deep as 10 inches under ground.
on 21 February 2014
Following a repeated request from my other half for a metal detector, I decided to search the Amazon site for a value for money but quality item. The Seben Deep Target appeared to fill the requirements perfectly, and even came with free delivery. The detector arrived in super fast time, was very well packed and included a printed instruction book, not some annoying disc. I am very pleased with my purchase, and we are looking forward to some serious treasure hunting when better weather allows. We have done a couple of test runs in our back garden, and were impressed with the performance, we were not aware there was so much metal buried there. Unfortunately, nothing of particular value as yet. We are total beginners to treasure hunting, but the Seben deep Target is excellent for beginners, without the need to upgrade when the bug takes a serious hold. Quality, value and performance all in one. Highly recommended. Keith and Pat.
11 Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2016
Not had enough experience yet to give an accurate report. Feels ok though.
on 9 October 2016
Got here in good time, 'large' items should be exampled better to avoiding miss leading