Customer reviews

Songbook
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 April 2017
His best songs done acoustically Very chilled and relaxing A really good album and a steal for the price I paid
on 12 August 2017
I can't praise this highly enough. Stripped back, laid bare arrangements of cracking rock songs, performed beautifully. Chris' voice is stunning as ever. Favourites: Call Me A Dog, I Am The Highway, Like A Stone.
on 16 October 2017
This is not what I was expected. Doesn't sound like Nivana's Unplugged or like Stone Temple Pilots' Unplugged. The songs are somehow poor, something is missing. I don't think I would listen it second time.
Excellent
on 3 August 2017
great
on 1 September 2017
Very good
on 14 August 2017
Adore this disc. Chris Cornell at his finest. Just utterly brilliant.
on 17 August 2017
Chris Cornell what else do I need to say.
on 31 May 2012
If you are a fan of Chris Cornell, whether from Sound Garden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave or as a solo artist, I would heartily recommend that you purchase this.

Yeah, okay - so you know all the songs. Maybe even 'Cleaning my Gun'? However Chris puts a different spin on the songs. 'Fell on Black days' and 'Black Hole Sun' are fantastic. This man can play the guitar 'nearly' as well as he sings! Let's face it, his guitar (any guitar) won't ever eclipse his 'sound'.

My favorite track has to be 'Call me a Dog'. I have had this track for years on Temple of the Dog album, but it never really leapt out at me the way it does on this album. It's like a different song to my ears.

This is a live album, so if you like the highly polished studio treatment - you won't find it here. Instead, you will hear a guy with a guitar singing his heart out and giving insight to some of his songs ... oh yeah, and the sound of some very lucky fans who managed to get in and hear it as it happened!
on 30 September 2017
Okay, so I am 2:21 into track 6, and I've had enough. This CD is going to the charity shop. I am equal parts completely gutted and absolutely fuming.

Cornell is on top form here, playing his heart out for these gorgeous songs, all with superb production clarity...

... and I'm paying absolutely no attention to the music whatsoever, because my ear is just waiting for the next pointless scream. The moronic audiences WILL. NOT. SHUT. THE. HELL. UP.

Chris hits one of those high notes? Cue a barrage of wooping.

A breath of silence before he kicks into the chorus? A chorus of YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHs kills every single moment.

He can't even introduce a song without people randomly screaming at him.

What we have here is a collection of stunning performances that are utterly ruined by the crowd consistently braying over the top of it all.

I'm not going to sit through the remaining 10 tracks. I'll end up snapping the CD.

What a huge disappointment.