Customer reviews

A Girl Of Her Time
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 6 April 2017
Excellent book. I have read this book many years ago and couldnt put it down so have now downloaded it on my kindle. Will be great for my holiday flight.The
time will fly by. Lol.
on 15 July 2004
Having read Margaret Kaine's previous two novels, Ring of Clay and Rosemary, I eagerly awaited the third. A Girl of Her Time did not disappoint. Coming from the Potteries I identified with the characters and reminisced about the evenings spent dancing at Trentham Gardens. Maureen's slow descent into depression at the hands of the controlling, selfish Trevor and her journey, with the help of her friends, to rebuild her life was excellently written. I look forward to reading more of Kaine's novels.
on 21 November 2007
As a male reader, I approached this book with a measure of prejudice about Romantic Fiction, only to be pleasantly surprised. The realism of the story held me throughout, the characters are totally believable and likeable, the family backgrounds thoroughly grounded. The biggest surprise was to find that the book tackled with sensitivity and sympathy thought-provoking issues about emotional and sexual mis-match within marriage. It does not flinch from facing difficult issues. I recommend it.
on 30 August 2004
I've read both Ring of Clay and Rosemary, but A Girl of Her Time is my favourite by far. I warmed immediately to Maureen, a typical girl of her time as the title says, but she's no wallflower. Her gutsy determination kept me reading.
If you're not one for family sagas don't be put off. Margaret manages to combine nostalgia and gritty realism to great effect. Not just a novel for the middle-aged reader either. My daughter aged 19 read it on my recommendation and loved it too.
on 20 November 2016
Margaret Kaine books are so enjoyable with twists. Based on area's around where I live. Dance halls I went to myself.
on 5 February 2014
This book is easy to read, but not a lot really happens. Girl marries wrong bloke, and you wonder why considering all the warnings prior to the marriage, but although it is well written and set in the 1950's and 60's, it just isn't very interesting, and you can totally predict everything that will happen. Very light and not for me.
on 18 April 2015
Another great book by Margaret Kaine. You can identify with her characters. I didn't want to put the book down
on 2 September 2015