on 18 June 2013
I like clam-shells and whilst this is rather out of date as a phone it works for me. Took some time to get used to how to write texts and use the fifferent features as there are no instructions of note and very different from my Motorola. Nice big buttons for someone like me with arthritis. Find it difficult to usefully use the internet and is very slow as has no wi-fi capability. Bluetooth connection to my car works a dream as long as I have the numbers saved to the phone - it can't read data from the SIM card. Very tactile body and holds its charge well so a long battery life.
on 16 May 2013
If you don't want the complication, expense and short battery life of a smartphone this would be ideal. It has an easy to use keypad, a clear screen, and is quad band so works in most countries.
I also like the flip lid which eliminates the risk of accidentally turning it on/off while in a bag - or of accidentally making emergency calls.
It is good for texts - and if you really must get on the web it can do that too.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2012
Nothing wrong with this phone. It worked well as Samsung products do, the person I bought it for is pleased with it. She liked the finish and operating system and says it compares favourably with my Motorola Gleam+.
22 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2013
Great basic mobile,easy to use, light weight and does the job. The keyboard designed for 'normal' digits and the flip design a good feature.
on 7 March 2014
I you don't require the cudos of walking around with the latest smart phone and you just wanna make calls and text, then this could well be for you! Best mobile phone I've owned. Love it cos it's like me........ simple!
on 24 April 2014
The phone arrived today and after popping in my SIM, I was connected to my provider, no problem. I made a few sms test messages, as well as phone calls to/from, and everything is fine.
The charger comes with a European two pin, but has a UK three pin adapter included in the box - which is good.
The BIG problem was that the operation/instruction sheet was in Italian!! Luckily, it was easy for me to handle the setup and select English as the preferred language.
on 21 February 2015
Ordered from Amazon, came from Spain within dates given, instructions were in Italian visited samsong web site and downloaded instructions in English, the phone is new but a old model I have only given 3stars because the phone is way overpriced (she who must be obeyed says it is what she wants),flip top case and easy to use
on 12 May 2014
Bought for my partner who wanted a simple device to make calls and texts, not to take photographs or surf the web. Also required to survive the daily hammering of a handbag (ktchen sink etc).
on 10 July 2014
Bought as an unlocked clamshell phone so it did this well but the "6" on the keypad didn't work properly. Have now left it in the country I visited / needed it for.
on 20 August 2013
Easy to use for a technophobe like me, although I confess I will not use most of what it does as I stick to text messages with the occasional phone call. Keys large enough for big fingers and screen pretty clear to read without my glasses! On first text use the keypad came up with different letters to those typed, so fighting my way through the techno-jargon in the instruction booklet (at least it came with one of those) I assumed that I hit the hash key. This works, but I have to redo this every so often, which is slightly annoying. Not happy - and puzzled - that it came with a recharging lead attached to a continental plug, so had to get the correct one separately in order to charge the phone.