Customer reviews

Steens Richmond 2 Door Wardrobe, Pine
Price:£179.98+ Free shipping

on 18 April 2012
This flat-pack arrived in the morning and was assembled and looking good in one of our spare bedrooms in the afternoon. Although the manufacturer reckons it can be assembled in an hour, it took me two, but without any difficulty as the visual instructions are very clear.

My only criticism is that the packaging is not very sturdy with the wood simply packed with a couple of strips of polystyrene inside a cardboard box. As a result, there were a couple of small marks on the wood where the packaging had received blows, but luckily enough these were not bad enough to consider returning the item, and they were not visible on the exterior when assembled. Had it not been for this factor, undoubtedly I would have awarded 5 stars.

The assembled wardrobe looks smart and considering the price for real pine, exceptional value, better than anything we found elsewhere.
on 29 August 2017
Solid wood, very impressed at how secure and stable this range is. Instructions reasonably easy to follow for a flat pack first timer!
on 12 April 2017
great,product
on 20 March 2017
would be higher score but took 2 month and lots of e-mails to get all parts delivered
on 11 June 2012
Loved everything about this wardrobe. Extreemly fast delivery, well protected by packaging. Easy to assemble with instructions.
Quality solid wood, very sturdy design. Exeptionally good value for money, compaired to other wardrobes reviewed on line & in shops.
Would definately recommend this 2 door wardrobe, it looks lovely!
on 6 March 2013
Unfortunately the item arrived damaged and had to be returned.
The whole wardrobe arrived in one package which was extreemly heavy. The packaging was poor and it looked as though a fork lift truck had damaged the wood when moving it. It was very difficult indeed to re pack on my own for return because it was so heavy. I am currently awaiting a refund as there were no replacements in stock and in any case I would not have requested another one because of the packaging. However, the the quality of the wood and finish on the pieces I unpacked looked good so I was rather disapointed with the outcome.
on 3 March 2012
I did not have to wait very long for this to arrive. It came with easy to follow assembly instructions that even my other half could understand and he is no d.i.y. expert. It is solid and for the price very good value. I would highly recommend it!
on 17 September 2013
Very time consuming to assemble, states 2 hours but took me and my partner about 3 and a half hours to complete! Instructions are pictures only and the pieces of wood are not labelled so you really have to look closely to match them (mainly the sides of the wardrobe) as we started assembly only to have to undo it as the sides were the wrong way around. The wood is not what i expected, the back is thin cardboard. Having said that, this was bought for babies room and looks very nice and expensive once assembled. Doesnt have much room if you have alot of adult clothes though.
on 11 May 2014
This is not an heirloom piece, you buy it because you need something quick and cheap. It's deep enough to hang clothes properly which cannot be said of some other budget options. The wood version is much better than the MDF/cream version, I've put both together and the wood version has all the holes drilled and is just better finished. You will find it easier to hang the back panels if you use a stapler with nails in it to pin the panels into place before fixing them with the supplied nails.
on 8 September 2013
It took me 3 hours to put together.
There were no parts missing which was good.
When it arrived I was surprised how thin the box was.(the panels are very thin)
Had a problem with the cloths rail not staying up had to strengthen the support.
I don't think I will be passing this on to the next generation, but at least it was cheap.