on 7 August 2013
I bought this to replace a Belkin energy saving device where the energy saving features and the wireless remote randomly stopped working, rendering the device useless.

This product may be cheaper, but the build quality is actually a lot better than the Belkin product that it has replaced and the way it works is more clever too. It also has better features.

I have my broadband router connected to the 'always on' socket and my PC connected to the 'control' socket, then my hi-fi amp and monitor connected to the 'switched' sockets. When I shut down the PC, the power is automatically cut from all the other devices.
on 24 May 2015
I've been using this powerstrip now for over a year and it's worked flawlessly the whole time. I have my PC plugged into the master socket and my three LCD monitors plugged into the auto switched sockets. The socket switches the three monitors on and off with the PC which is just what I wanted.

There's also a non-switched socket which my router is plugged into as I want this to be "always on".
on 7 June 2014
This works very well indeed, and is much cheaper than the more expensive Belkin part. I've not used the Belkin, but I have other Belkin WeMo switches which are very good. I'm glad I read the other reviews on this tricklestar product. It works well in my situation.
on 15 June 2014
Doesn't work for me! When my computer turns off, the rest of the appliances stays on. I tried to adjust the sensitivity but that doesn't help. But when I try it in the workshop with machinery, it works OK. It seems that if the device plugged into the master socket draws sufficient standby current like in many computer power supplies, the slave sockets won't switch off at all. So it's now staying in the workshop.
on 8 April 2014
Had a failed EON plug which had worked well for a few years and decided to try this as recent reviews of the former were indicating a similar failure trait. It's early doors but performs as expected but can be tweaked if needed (as mine did).
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2014
This is the first energy-saving strip I’ve used, and I have been very impressed with its solid construction, and features - notably the amount of sockets, which is perfect for your average tv/hi or PC set-up, and the surge protection, which gives me a little peace of mind.

I have set this up so that when I switch my computer on, my external HD, printer and speakers all switch on too, and likewise when switching my PC off, all the aforementioned bits are also switched off. It works like a charm!
on 24 March 2014
Works with AV amp (switching to standby) acting as the master, but not with any low amp products like TiVo (I wanted to turn off the Hdmi and rf splitter) or squeezebox touch (I wanted to turn off the attached powered speakers). Pretty useless for the setups I wanted.
on 24 February 2014
I was a bit confused at first, however follow the instructions and wow does it work, best piece of kit out there for us energy saving types, next thing on the list I want a measuring device to see how much energy I waste
on 29 November 2012
This was my third attempt at getting a suitable power plug for my computer and two printers. It is wired that way I want it and works perfectly, coping well with the computer going into standby mode.
on 30 November 2013
this is a great product well worth the money and great value would buy this again and again absolutely brilliant