on 7 March 2016
Like many people I suspect, I have too many toys. As such, my TV does not have enough HDMI sockets - despite having three! I looked for a way around this, discovered HDMI switch boxes, and after careful reading of all the reviews, I settled for this one. The TeckNet 3 Port Auto Switch Box.

It had the best reviews, and at £10.99 was a sensible price. It was delivered the next day by Amazon Prime.

First off, it's tiny. Literally the footprint of a credit card, and less than 10mm deep. I connected two devices to it, and have used velcro pads to stick it to the back of my 50" plasma. It works as expected, and I'm pleased with my purchase, which has solved a problem.

I gave it 4 stars, because the remote did not work. Well, I couldn't get it to work. I know my switch is behind the tv, but even standing over the tv pointing the remote directly at the switch from 10cm away, it wouldn't work. No deal breaker as I don't expect to be changing inputs very often. It won't happen automatically for me because one of the attached devices does not switch completely off, so it'll need manually switching. I followed the instructions supplied, which detail removing the battery if the remote fails to function. Despite being a man, and quite good with a gadget, I couldn't manage to release the battery from the depths of the remote. In the end, out of frustration, I destroyed the remote trying to remove the battery! The remote is now in the bin. I will be arranging anger management classes shortly ;) Getting off the chair to change inputs once in a while will be good exercise for my wife!

Something to consider, buy one of these and you'll need an additional HDMI cable to connect the switch to the tv. I had one spare, so none needed. Remember that generally, because its a digital signal, it has two states - working, or not. Don't fall for the hype and get pressured into buying an expensive one. A nice Amazon Basics cable will be perfect.
on 3 February 2016
Wow what a great little device. I wasnt sure about this as I have a 4K TV and I thought I would need to buy an expensive HDMI splitter however this little device works perfectly. I have used so many of these and they have either not worked properly or the remote doesnt work etc, this one has no issues what so ever. No more will I need to get up and change the HDMI in the back of the TV. And all for £10 I can sit back and just change the HDMI channel using the included remote.
on 30 March 2016
Out the box the remote didn't work. I decided to lump it and just manually switch it to save the hassle, but I don't know if it's cause I'm using game consoles connected other than the cable boxes I seen mentioned in the other reviews, but it flickers the image on one switch and then distorts the sound on another switch.
on 25 July 2015
TeckNet® 3 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 3x1 HUB (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD HDMI Switcher. A great little self-powered HDMI switch box which not only can be set to auto switch, but comes with an infrared remote that can also be used instead. Connecting devices is really simple (HDMI cables not included). Supports 3D and HD resolutions upto 1080p including Sky HD, PS4, Amazon Fire, Apple TV and more.
on 11 November 2015
Nice little unit, with a remote, so that the switch can be tucked away, problem is mine stopped recognising some devices, it only worked correctly for 2 weeks
When it works its great, but its extremley frustrating when it decides not to work and everything has to be unplugged
Returned for refund
on 26 September 2015
The best hdmi splitter I've bought and I've tried a few.
It works with sky+hd, Xbox 360, Xbox One and my Pc.
Those are what I've tried on it and it has changed the inputs without a problem. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 14 January 2016
I got this product a couple of months ago in order to connect multiple devices to one port in the back of my PC Monitor.

I have the PC, the Xbox One and the PS4 hooked up to this device with individual HDMi's and another separate HDMI cable leading to my monitor.

The fact that the device does not need any power is a great plus because I really can't afford to give up another space for a plug.

The remote is a godsend as its not always convenient to hit the selector button on the device itself. The only issue with the remote is that you really have to be pointing directly at the device for it to work, but this is just a small niggle.

Inputs switch automatically when you turn on a device too so it does save you some effort.

The size of the device really isn't that big, however because it is light, the HDMI cables sometimes lift it off the desk. I recommend sticking it down if you have it on your desk.
on 25 April 2012
This HDMI switch works great both on auto and on remote with no visible loss of quality even on tv's 40" or more. No need for an external power supply as it draws it's small current from the tv HDMI socket. It is tiny (credit card size) and you can hide it out of sight as it comes with a separate infra red receiver. You get full 1080p HD at a brilliant price. This is the cheapest high quality switch that I have found and it outperforms others costing two or three times the price. I will be buying another one for my other tv. Remember to also buy any additional HDMI leads that you might need.
on 17 July 2016
I need this for a Sky+ HD box and Playstation 4. It doesn't work without a 5v power supply which is disappointing. Luckily I had a spare one as the power supply isn't supplied. Considering this is a few £'s more than others I am disappointing it doesn't come with a 5v power supply and also that the supply feeds in to the front of the box instead of the rear.

It seems to work ok otherwise it would have got 1*. However the above means I'm disappointed with the supplier / manufacturer.
on 11 May 2016
EDIT: I have removed the content of my previous review as it is now obsolete.

I originally had issues with my device and the switch would randomly cycle through the 3 inputs but somehow I have managed to resolve this. I have now settled on a 4 star rating for 2 reasons.

REASON 1: The product I thought I was buying and the product I actually received are different. I was disappointed to find out that the item I received has 3 HDMI inputs on the back and one output on the side. As you can see from the pictures this is different. Also due to the design the IR remote has a poor range and the angle at which the IR receiver will pick up the remote is poor meaning you have to be almost directly in front of the switch.

REASON 2: The product I received is identical to another switch that is sold on Amazon for half the price. The only difference is the Teknet brand printed on the switch I received. If you are interested in the one I received check the link below.