Customer reviews

The Odds
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 11 December 2012
An interesting premise but felt very disconnected all the way through
A controlling mother and a child who is trying to find his feet as a teenager

Felt like wading through treacle - such a shame, I wanted to love it!!
on 1 October 2013
really interesting book story well written if you like teen books about fitting in then this is for you defo
on 30 August 2013
great book and had me really gripped, but the ending was shocking! it just stopped, as if there was nothing more to write about/author ran out of energy and couldnt be bothered to finish it. didnt even seem like a cliff hanger
on 31 January 2014
I liked the book because it was really interesting and I felt sad for Ethan and really connected with him. I was sad that he didn't end up with Hardy because he really liked her but I am glad his mum got better and his brother will have a better life now. I didn't give it 5 out of 5 because I thought it was going to be more of an adventure story but they didn't travel very far, although he did lead a very adventurous life, trying to sneak out of the house every night. I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it.
on 8 July 2013
The ending is very unexpected but leaves you feeling happy too!
Food book until the very end!
Quite sad In parts
on 31 December 2013
At the beginning of the novel I thought it was really good and interesting, but once he and Gavin ran away it got boring. I thought more would happen with 'the boogeyman' and his dads death was never explained by Ethans mum.. I didn't feel the ark in the story, especially at the end. I gave it a three stars because it was slow and ended with what seemed not an ending.
on 21 April 2014
This book has been very intriguing and I really enjoyed it, but I'm disappointed in the ending. The ending of the books seems very lazy like the writer didn't know how to finish it, there were also a few grammar mistakes in the book that I noticed which I don't know if they were the writers fault or the publisher or whoever transfers the books etc.
on 12 August 2013
A really dreadful book. I ended up reading the whole thing but the writing is bad, the plot of bad, the characters aren't believable. I really could go on. Don't bother if you care about decent writing or an interesting plot.
on 9 April 2013
His is one of he best books I have read in a while. Touching, engaging and emotional. The characters a easy to engage with and th sensitive subject matter is dealt with in a beautiful way. Well worth a read
on 28 December 2012
For 77p its worth a read, Kinzer writes well about family struggles from a young males point of view, who finds growing up in a household where his mother is completely over-protective...