Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

I bought this as a birthday present for my wife. The birthday hasn't come yet, but I know she wants one.

Unlike most other versions of solitaire I've seen online, this one has wooden marbles rather than glass ones. I was thinking of getting one with glass, but I thought the aesthetic of wood marbles on wooden board was more pleasing, as well as being more lightweight and therefore more handy for bring along on holidays, for instance.

There is nothing amazing about the build quality. A board made from fast-growing pine, the dark-stained wooden marbles quirkily varied in shape, hardly any of them appearing to be perfectly round – but I don't mind that. I think it makes for a game with a unique personality that will also probably wear in nicely as it is used, the pine getting darker and the stained marbles getting lighter in colour as the woodstain starts wearing off.

As expected, the board doesn't lie perfectly flat either, but it's not uneven enough for that to be an issue. Wood is generally quite expensive, and for this price, I think the quality is decent enough. Had I had the tools to make one myself, I probably would have, but as I don't, this was the next best thing.
on 10 December 2014
I wanted a traditional game for one of my children for Christmas and it was exactly what I thought and wanted
on 28 September 2014
I have recently received 2 of these both with NO INSTRUCTIONS and have posted feedback to Amazon requesting 2 sets of instructions to no avail so far. Where do I go to from here??? Apart from that its a great looking product at a good price.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2014
Great little buy. Looks great in my front room, and fun to play. 5 stars for quality and price .
on 16 June 2013
When I'm feeling a bit bored, I just start moving the balls around to see if I can complete the puzzle. I haven't yet!
on 5 February 2016
Really basic game. The "marbles" are made of a darker stained wood. The base is sturdy. Ordered for my elderly parent who has arthritis, who found it easy to play. Very happy with it.
on 29 December 2013
Game was as expected for the price. Good quality and all wooden pieces. I would recommend and makes a nice gift.
on 2 February 2015
Great item, well packed, bought for a gift and the person loved it. Just what I expected and well made.
on 17 April 2016
It's not too bad but the balls are quite small and it's easy to lose a couple on the floor
on 23 August 2014
Bought it for grandchildren who gave up, but I enjoyed playing with it and it looks nice.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling