on 20 April 2013
I bought this product based on the excellent reviews from Amazon. I'm glad I did, the hooks are exactly what I wanted.

I haven't used the smaller steel hooks yet, but the larger aluminium hooks are a pleasure to work with. They're easy to grip and glide smoothly through the yarn. There hasn't been any snagging or yarn splitting, so there are no sharp grooves or pointy tips to worry about. I quite like the metallic colour selection (blue, purple, orange, olive green, red and plain aluminium) It's not too garish, and it feels nice to switch colours as you work through a project requiring more than one hook. The metric sizes are imprinted clearly on the flat middle part of the hooks, which is great for telling them apart at a glance. If you're not familiar with the metric labels, it's only a matter of looking up a conversion chart online to make sure you're using the right hook for the job.

I'm itching to give the steel hooks a go. The 0.50 mm is the smallest in the set and looks so delicate, I'm wondering if it's even possible to crochet with something to small! We'll see...

As for the case, it's approx. 11cm x 14cm (2cm in depth when closed), & a violet/maroon colour with a lighter, brighter purple zip. I'd almost call it a unisex colour (more fun than boring black & infinitely better than shocking baby pink!), and it's small enough to carry anywhere. There are two decent spaces inside to carry extra hooks on the chunky side (like one with a soft grip handle). My case smells a bit plastic-toxic, but only up close (yes, I sniffed my case).

Since the case's interior doesn't have any strong backing support to speak of, it sort of forms a soft limp cover around the hooks, which is fine if you chuck your case in with other soft items, but I wouldn't stuff it in a bag with heavy items that will bash up against it (like text books. Or rocks). I say this because, once zipped shut, the hooks are basically folded flat against each other on both sides, meaning they butt up against each other with no cushioning between them (besides the plastic they're sitting in). This means it's highly possible for them to scratch against each other, possibly scratching the metallic paint off the aluminium hooks (I noticed my 5mm has tiny bits of paint missing from the top of the head - but that's coz I dropped it, mwehe). Also, since some of the steel hook heads are so darn tiny and tapered thin, I'm afraid the heads will snap right off if something heavy collides into the side of my case. I guess you could cushion the inside with cardboard or spare yarn, but I was really expecting the case to do more than just keep the hooks neat in their own pretty little slots (it looks sturdy in the Amazon picture, right?). Oh well...

Still, I give this product 5 stars. I'm happy to have an entire set of usefully-sized, inexpensive hooks in one place, and I wouldn't think twice before ordering another set for, say, a friend or family member new to crochet.
on 27 December 2012
these crochet hooks are lovely, very pretty colours and easy to use. the neat carrying case makes it easy to have al the diifrent size coechet hooks with you if you're crocheting while travelling. I use them to make a variety of things, the 4.00mm and 4.50mm are great for amigurumi, while the larger hooks make lovely hats and scarfs. the small hooks are perfect for accessories such as earrings, brooches and clothing decorations. all in all a wonderful set no whether you're a beginner or have many years experience :)
on 27 February 2012
I am absolutely delighted with these hooks. After shopping around, these were definitely the best value buy and are a pleasure to use. Many thanks
on 17 July 2012
The set arrived a few days after ordering. The hooks are good quality and it's lovely to have them all neatly stored. Saves an age rummaging through knitting needles and hooks to find the right one! The case has room for a few more bits of kit, too.

Very pleased with the set at such good value.
on 1 February 2014
I real like the handy pouch the crochet hooks come in. The pouches is bigger than needed for the needles and I can now keep my small sewing scissors and darning needles with my crochet hooks. An added bonus.
on 4 April 2013
Got them delivered today which was earlier than the said delivery date, so that was a good start. The hooks are exactly as pictured and are of a good quality and the various sizes are great to have for anyone starting out. The case is handy to ensure that all your hooks are in one place and there is even space to keep your scissors which is handy. Would recommend anyone thinking of purchasing this product.
on 10 December 2013
I noticed how the price had gone up from £3.20 to £6.19 (including P&P) just in time for Christmas - a bit cheeky, I felt.
Case is sturdy enough on the outside, although the inside is lined with plastic which is likely to deteriorate or tear in time and with usage. The needles are held by a clear plastic strip which is heat-melted to the plastic lining. Again, I suspect that there are clear weaknesses over time, but you get what you pay for.
What I find very useful about this set is that it contains every size from 0.6mm (absolutely tiny for yarn as thin as sewing silk) to 6.5mm for super-chunky wool. I hope that I won't need to buy any more crochet needles after that. The needles themselves feel sturdy enough and do not have any jagged edges, i.e. they are finished off properly. The larger needles are coloured which is very cheerful - always supposing it does not clash with the colour of your wool...
on 6 October 2013
The hooks are not finished to a very high standard, and dont have a slight groove at the hook like other dearer makes.
This means that the wool does not seem to flow as well and keeps catching.
Ok for occasional small jobs but I have gone back to my original supplier.

On a plus note - thy look good in the case provided.
on 30 September 2014
Unless you are a fan of crochet with fine yarn this probably isn't the set for you. The hooks are great. No qualms there. The carry case is good too. But there are about 6 useable hooks for anything from DK weight up to chunky.
on 3 March 2016
They're OK but, from what I've been told, they'd be sent back if we'd paid the recommended full price. A couple of the hooks have scuffed edges but, luckily, they're not the hooks that will get most use.