on 16 June 2013
When it arrived I thought jt looked good, was excited to try it with the homemade ice cream I just made that morning. I was extremely disappointed when on the first use it made a click noise and the mechanism got displaced, in a way that there was no way I could make a ball ever with it. I contacted seller, they were actually very nice, and asked me for a picture of the defective item. When verifying I was telling the truth, they sent me another one right away. After a few days it arrived, and I was happy to see it was working, I managed to scoop one ball of ice cream, two, three, and maybe even four. Later on that same evening, when serving another ice cream to my boyfriend, same click noise, same problem. Useless product again. Don't waste your money, I won't even ask for another replacement this time. Will just stick to using a spoon, it's less disappointing and expensive.
on 17 July 2013
This device isn't even worth a quid - its not up to the job at all. The metal is extremely thin with sharp edges everywhere, and no where near robust enough to be able to dig into anything more solid than whipped cream!! To make matters worse, the spring was stuck when it came so you coudnt use it anyway.
on 21 June 2012
Id give it no stars if i could
This product was poor not very robust
Squeeze mechanism broke 1st time i used it
Stick to a spoon.
on 3 October 2012
Purchased this ice cream scoop to use when making my cupcakes, a little smaller than I though but very good. Nicely finished with no sharp edges, fast delivery with excellent service as always and well packaged. Ideal as an ice cream scoop to as it serves the perfect sizes for little children to eat or for several scoops of different flavours.
on 28 July 2013
Disappointing ... the piece of metal that moves to release the ice cream keeps getting mis-aligned, so it gets in the way of scooping the ice cream. Not a good design, nor a very solid construction .... not able to scoop hard ice cream
on 17 June 2012
Sturdy enough but the part that moves to remove the ice cream moved on the first use now permanently sticks out at a right angle to the scoop rendering it useless to use, a shame because I also bought the ice cream maker which is excellent!!
on 12 May 2013
Admittedly I didn't use this until around 6 months after I purchased it.

However, the first time I did use it, it broke.

If you look at the picture, the part of the scoop which sweeps around the half sphere to remove the ice cream, is pivoted on a star type disk at the bottom. This is what rotates when you squeeze the tool together. The first time I did this, the teeth jumped through the star so the arm didn't sweep around properly - rendering the product useless.

I used a spoon instead...
on 16 January 2013
this broke the first time it was used, i managed to repair it a few times but the main centre gearing slips on anything that isnt almost liquid.
on 21 June 2015
Really very flimsy. The metallic part that is meant to detach the ice cream from the scoop isn't nearly strong enough, so when you press the handle, it just doesn't do anything at all to the ice cream, instead, it dislocates the joint at the bottom displacing the cog. Even if the ice cream is very soft it seams rather fragile. I am going to go back to a classic scoop and boiling water.
on 6 July 2013
i bought this ice cream scoop and what a load of rubbish. it worked once and then it packed up as the scoop would not let the ice cream go into the bowl and just stayed in the scoop and i put it in warm water to make it easier for the ice cream to come out . I will just stick to a spoon in future

See one answered question