Customer reviews

Spear & Jackson Plastic Leaf Grabber

on 29 October 2015
I bought this for my parents who are in their sixties and were having a few problems collecting leaves up by hand. We weren't sure how useful it would be but backed by Amazon's returns we thought we'd order it and give it a go.

So far they're impressed and have decided they won't be sending it back. It's easy to operate, not too heavy and means they don't have to keep bending down. There's also not much to go wrong. While they think it could be a bit tricky to get the leaves into a garden refuse bag it works fine with council recycling bins. All in all a successful purchase!
on 22 December 2016
Was unsure whether to order these as I was used to the ones you put in your hands but very pleased now as these save you bending down and troubling your back - you can even use them without a rake as they have a rake like edge.
The only slight downside is they do feel a little flimsy, this has not been a problem yet however and I've used them a lot but just not sure of the longevity of them.
on 7 October 2017
This is a really handy garden tool. It's sturdy, simple and well constructed.

This makes picking up leaves and other garden debris very easy. It can also be using for picking up debris from hedge trimming. No bending is needed, so it's an absolutely fantastic item.
on 1 October 2017
This is such a help and the easiest design to use. I love it and I made the right choice.
I don't mind collecting leaves now.
on 11 September 2017
Excellent, and surprisingly easy to lift up into a bin using only the handles. Just be aware that although the product photo looks like it is mostly black, both the arms and the plastic grabbers are actually dark blue.
on 24 March 2017
Excellent tool for leaves (autumn) and grass cuttings (summer).
Had to replace the central bolt on my first one after a year of hard use (it fatigued and broke) but that was a non-issue for me given how effective it is.
on 13 June 2013
The screws that fix the unit together are not strong enough. I replaced them with stainless steel screws and that alone made the unit much stronger and able to pick up wet leaves.
Other than that a good tool.
on 30 September 2017
as a landscape gardener I found this product invaluable not only for leaves but also for picking up trimmings from hedges especially berberis and pyracantha. No more removing thorns from hands, Second set in 3 years.
on 24 March 2017
Very pleased with this . Well made- easy to use without having to bend. Much better than one I had previously which cost £15 from another company. Would definitely recommend.
on 9 April 2017
These were all I expected and hoped they would be! Great for volume or the odd twig. Delighted with lightweight - easy to use. No problem lifting up to empty I to bin. .