on 28 October 2012
A little more expensive than others but it does the job and looks stylish in the kitchen. Very pleased with this purchase and not limited any more to buying liquid soaps in specially designed containers. I can now choose the soaps I want.
on 2 August 2013
I've found this product to work really well. I've been using it about 10 times a day since March '13 and I haven't had to change the batteries thus far, but I would recommend using decent quality batteries. The original soap was good but I've found it also dispenses other liquid soaps just as easily. The feature that allows you to change the volume of soap dispensed is also useful. It is also possible to wipe the worktop underneath the dispenser without it activating. I'd definitely recommend this product.
on 2 January 2014
A great little black gem of a machine

It has quickly become an integral part of our household and despite being put through heavy use since I bought it in early november 2013 it hasn't stopped working once ever since.

Add to that, that the original batteries are still going strong so power consumption really is quite low!

It came in a nice package and looks expensive so you wouldn't be embarrassed to buy this as a gift.

It also came with a bag of free soap which is actually quite good and has a nice texture when lathering.

However, we have mostly used it as a dispenser for liquid hand sanitizer and for that purpose it is quite excellent indeed!

It really is awesome for people with mild ocd haha!

You can change the amount dispensed by pressing the + or - buttons on the front and even turn it off if you need to clean it or when you're away for holiday etc.

An excellent purchase, I'm already thinking about ordering 1 more for lotion and 1 for soap!
on 26 June 2016
I previously had bought the white version for my kitchen. Having been highly impressed, I splashed out on a black on for the bathroom. This product is the market leader for a reason. I have no negative factors at all (which is unusual when you critically review products).
My positives are:

(1) The pump dispensing amount can be adjusted
(2) I use it in my kitchen already, and it is heavily used (1 container of soap per week); and it has never failed. In 3 months there has only been 2 "misfires"; and these were entirely operator error.
(3) Other soaps can be used. I use Pears soap at present; and it is very viscous (sticky), with no problems at all
(4) It doesn't drip, ever.
(5) I fitted a set of rechargeable Eneloop AA batteries when I first got it; and they have not needed replaced yet.
(6) Last and most importantly it looks great. Modern, stylish. The soap I am using is a rich amber colour, and so on the windowledge it looks really stunning. In my bathroom it sits on the shelf, turned to one side, but this in no way hinders its normal operation.

All positive experiences for me so far. I hope my review helps you in your search today.
on 11 January 2016
Exactly what I wanted. I appreciate that we should not be excluding all bacteria from our lives because of the beneficial effects of certain exposure on our immune system, but the bathroom is where I want my bacteria slain! This does that without contact with the dispenser.
Couple of points though:
a) be sure to clean the easy-to-remove-and-access tank lid area. I noted after several refills that there was a slight build up of green residue around the inner rim. Probably just discoloured hand gel - but I cleaned that sucker thoroughly (germophobe alert!).
b) this does not hold the same amount as the larger model ('compact' in the title kinda gives that away, huh?) but it does have a button on the top to increase/ decrease the amount dispensed in each 'glob'. Just wave your hand a couple of times underneath when you first fill or refill it to allow the gel to progress through the mechanism fully.
on 23 December 2014
This does work well and is very convenient when cooking. However, the battery markings could be clearer, to tell you which way they go in. Also, I find the soap that comes with it quite drying, so I am looking forward to running out! Obviously, you need to position this somewhere where you will not set it off accidentally, but that is not a fault of the product.
on 23 September 2013
This is a streamline shaped compact soap dispenser. Simplehuman seems to always get it right. The set up is straight-forward. The sensory and dispensing function can be set up and tweaked as per requirement. We used the soap provided and it is a beautiful lavender scent.

Our little boy has an incentive to wash his hands if only to see how it works.

Recommended - to everyone. Offers non-contact soap dispensing - no cross contamination, no mess, no waste and fits well in to any setting (whether a bespoke kitchen or at a wash hand basin).
on 23 July 2013
Its great! It was easy to set up. I regulated the dispensing to take account of small grandchildren with small hands, working on the principle that adults who may need more soap can activate it twice and it is working very well. I also find that the novelty of using the dispenser encourages the children to wash their hands and they certainly don't need to be reminded! I bought a refill pouch but find a little soap goes a long way so the pouch supplied lasts well.The soap is beautifully scented and kind to hands.
on 4 October 2015
I now have several of these, great product. Used to think their soap was a bit expensive but it does last a fair bit. Am sure you can find cheaper soaps, but I am not sure with normal usage it is actually worth it. Thoroughly recommend this product. I did have one play up on me but it was replaced no quibble. Fantastic especially in the kitchen that even with hands full of food you can get soap without having to was the soap or dispenser afterwards.....
on 14 January 2014
Read quite a few reviews on a range of touchless soap dispensers, settled on the Simplehuman compact with sample soap.
Was not disappointed, more than pleased with product for price. Adjustable delivery of soap so depending on consistency
you control the amount. The soap supplied is very nice, would purchase more when required.
My only minor point is its easy to activate it, say when wiping round, cleaning, but you just have to be aware it's there.
A good point is the battery stowage is sealed so no fear of corrosion if used in damp environment.
I use it in the kitchen, think i'll get one for bathroom too.
Nicely designed and good size, soap lasts well, all in all well recommended.