Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 15 March 2016
imagine if the Beach Boys sang one of the many classic Disney compilations that exist. And then released the best of those songs on a short cd. How good would that be ? Hello, Brian Wilson has done it already. Superb classic Disney with Wilson magic sprinkled like Tinkerbell's fairy dust. Superb.
on 1 January 2012
Well having been a fan of Brian and the Beach boys since 1965 I guess even Brian can not make everything to sound great.
Not my cup of tea at all, every now and then there is a smattering of Brians brilkliance, but as an album it leave me cold.
stick to what you dio best Brian your own stuff.
on 27 October 2011
I was dreading this. When I heard Brian was doing it I felt a sense of impending doom. On hearing the preview of Heigh-Ho all my preconceptions vanished. It was like Smile but from a Disney film- weird. My two year old insisted on it being played about thirty times. He now has the CD glued into the player in his room. Bare Necessities is the favourite and is again on loop a great deal. I love the versions of Kiss the Girl, Colours of the Wind and Can You Feel...
For me Brian has created an album that my young children adore but also my wife who was never a Beach Boys fab! If you have young children, I implore you to get this. Anyone who doesn't feel like tapping their foot to Bare Necessities has no soul!
on 27 October 2011
I have been a fan of Brian and the Beach Boys since 1981. I love Brian Wilson. He went through years of mental depression and abused his body and beautiful falsetto during the late 60s and 70s. It is very sad but Brian has come through it and although his voice (falsetto) will never be the same as the early years Brians voice and mental/physical health has come leaps and bounds. I have seen his solo shows in the early 2000's with his new band. The shows were amazing! His band are amazing musicians as well as loyal. This album is really good. Your kids will love it! Brian seems to be enjoying himself and his band are as always great with their vocals/harmonies.
Brian sounds great on this Disney album and he's having the time of his life! :)
on 27 October 2011
Yet again, the genius that is Brian Wilson pulls another rabbit out of the hat with his latest release. Quite simply, it's a lovely album full of joyous melodies and without a weak track in sight. Do yourself a big favour and buy this album right now. Unreservedly recommended!
on 4 December 2011
I read about the CD and decided I had to have it. When I first lissend to it I had mixed feelings, but after a couple of times I started to like it . . . a lot. Some songs are better than others, of course, but it's a nice CD with great Disney songs that the kids and there parents both enjoy . . .
on 7 July 2014
This is a Very short album. 37 minutes in total, so not great value unless you get it cheap. I would have thought that with all the thousands of great disney songs available to choose from that they might have managed to include at least a couple more songs and preferably about five more. There are some nice versions of songs on here but not a lot a lot to get too excited about. I'm a little disappointed.
on 14 February 2013
Though I'm not exactly a paid up member of the Brian Wilson Appreciation Society I like about half of what he's done with Surfs Up as the absolute nadir for my money.
But many of his covers are top drawer including this one though 11 songs seems short weight today
on 13 May 2013
Some of my favourite Disney songs, sung in the typical Beach Boys style of Brian Wilson - great to listen to.
on 1 September 2014
Ok, some decent moments. But seems fairly pointless overall. Bare necessities makes me smile though.