on 19 October 2014
Brilliant debut album from such an incredible artist. This album spent 30 weeks at number 1 in Holland beating the record previously held by Michael Jacksons 'Thriller'!! That's how great she is!!

Songs include her debut 'Back It Up' and her first number 1 hit 'A Night Like This'.

Bonus live DVD with the platinum edition is incredible and definitely worth watching. I've enjoyed seeing how she has grown as a live performer, getting better and better with experience.
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2011
I first heard one of her tracks on the radio while travelling and loved it,No idea who she was, but, Having had this cd for a few weeks now It's on my regular/favourite play list, It's fairly old fashioned, for those that remember the Da Do dog band play, they were similiar but in a more joky way, Her voice is fantistic, The selection on the cd seems to be all the best ones produced whether this happened by luck or they were conceived at the same time I don't know, just that I really enjoy the collection.
Great stuff and hope there's more to come.
on 7 November 2011
I saw an advert for this album on TV, and thought, "What a voice!!"

well I just bought the MP3 downloads for all 12 of her songs, Im not interested in that much music these days, as rap and other formats seem to be the mainstream these days and older more classical music seems to be getting phased out, or harder to get / find or fewer artists not bothering with the old stuff anymore, but this lady has a great voice, this is the kind of music I really like,

so a 5 stars for the music / style from me, so nice to hear / see artists still doing the old style classics, rather then the mainstream rubbish that plaguing TV and music channels these days

so yes, nice breath of fresh air, pretty lady and a great voice to boot
what more can I say?
on 4 July 2013
I bought this CD after seeing Caro Emerald on TV. I don't know which category to put her music into, but I like it so I don't care. The music is catchy, easy going, you can hear all of the words and I often find myself singing along. The bonus DVD that came with this disc is good to watch and she somehow reminds me of Sophie Ellis Bextor. (sorry Sophie if I spelled your name wrong) It contains differing tracks t the CD which makes the package even better value. Now to wait for the next CD to come along and tempt me.
on 18 November 2013
I had never heard of Caro Emerald until I visited a friend and she played her music all weekend. Having bought another of Caros' albums, this is her best one, the songs vary between upbeat, finger-tapping tunes to slow and sultry but Caro's vocals are amazing. This CD is on permanently in my car and I now know most of the words having played it so frequently. The music is easy to listen to and the lyrics cleverly combine with the tune. It is one of my favourite albums ever.
on 4 February 2014
I would have given it 5 stars except that I don't think it is quite as good as "The Shocking Miss Caro". Having said that, it is not often that every track on a CD is great, but they are on Deleted Scenes ..... there's not a bad track on the whole cd.

Caro's songs all have meaning to them, and her beautifully clear voice makes them all a pleasure to listen to over and over again. Definitely a CD I would recommend.
on 28 January 2018
Wife loves it since it was for her. All this has led us to The Royal Albert Hall to see her live last day of October.
on 9 September 2013
For me Caro Emerald was a new departure from my usual music purchases and I bought this album with a small amount of trepidation. Not at all disappointed, each song is different in style, but each is equally fun to listen to. I find myself dancing around the kitchen when this CD is playing. Even my partner will put this on the CD player. I'm now going to try and find another album of hers to accompany this one.
on 22 December 2011
Caro emerald suprised us.. a jazzy feel, nostagic of 1920's -1950's in music type but very contempoary at the same time.( we were born after 1950 but still liked it greatly) The great voice of Caro herself is fun and lighthearted. And every track is a song that you can dance to, be it Rumba, Cha cha, Quickstep etc! We loved it and have sent it as Christmas too.We expect 'Strictly come dancing' to use her tracks once they are well known - she has already sung for the programme.
11 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2013
I only discovered this singer as a result of dancing class, where one of the tracks on this CD turned out to be our regular music for the cha-cha. Then when the CD arrived I found I knew three tracks for the same reason. This is a highly original performer, with a feeling of nostalgia in the music, all of which is beautifully performed and sung. I can't stop playing it!