Customer reviews

Away With The Fairies
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 22 April 2016
This is a marvelous, wonderful book -- "well written" doesn't begin to describe it. It affected me so strongly and I identified so closely with the main character that at one point I actually had to muster up my courage to keep reading and learn what would happen to her! And then I was really hooked -- I finished the book standing at the kitchen counter with the Kindle on the charger!. The author is extremely skilled at descriptive writing and character development, and there were surprises that left me breathless. Ms. Tuffnell has a rare talent for turning the most mundane situations into enchantment and, yes, terror. There is profound wisdom in this book as well. I will be going back and rereading a couple of chapters because some of Isobel's discoveries perfectly addressed unresolved issues in my own life. I recommend this book very, very highly.
on 24 May 2014
This caught my interest from the first page. I adored the main characters, and the book caught the 'living in a goldfish bowl' aspect of a clergyman's family beautifully. This was the first book by this author that I read, but I went on to read her other novels - and thoroughly enjoyed those, too!
on 27 February 2015
We all need to take time for ourselves. This book showed what can happen when emotional crisis happens and energy goes out the window. Some of the strange happenings should perhaps have evoked an earlier response in order to be more realistic, but having said that the whole story was gripping and very good, particularly if laid up with a bad back and in need of distraction!
The subject of unresolved or unspoken issues with deceased parents will touch the hearts of many as it did me. Vivienne Tuffnell will find her way to my kindle many times I suspect.
on 5 July 2014
I enjoyed this book greatly having read it in the "wilds" of Argyll at an isolated cottage off Loch Fyne, so I had time to do it justice.
My thanks goes to Vivienne Tuffnell for her insight.
on 6 February 2013
This was a readable book but not gripping and as it was not really my cup of tea I cant say that I would recommend it to anyone, but if this is the sort of thing for you then go ahead.
on 3 October 2012
I read this book on holiday in just two days. I couldn't put it down, it had me hooked from the very start.
I loved the little girl who thought she was a fairy princess, the harrassed mother, the understanding husband, the empathetic and helpful family.
I thought I knew what was going to happen quite early in but, then, the story takes a turn, things come to a head and you just have to read to the end to find out what happens.
It really is a great read!
on 11 October 2014
I loved this book and couldn't put it down! Have recommended to my friends who I know will enjoy it as much as I did, Am now looking for more of her books to read.
on 20 May 2013
This book was quite interesting, however I felt that at times it was rather laboured. The ending was unexpected though , so overall it was quite enjoyable.
on 16 November 2014
This was OK - readable with an unusual theme, but the way the characters were presented was only just above the chicklit level. Maggie and her family were sterotypes and too glibly got rid of. There was too much explanation at the end after she met the old man. The magic disappeared and the ending was saccharine.
on 15 October 2011
I loved Strangers and Pilgrims and I loved Away With the Fairies too. It's not often I can't sleep and on those few occasions it happens I usually lie awake and mentally rebuild my home or pondering a problem at work, never has the first thing that came to mind, when sleep didn't, been get your kindle and keep reading. That's what happened with Away with the Fairies. I took it with me on a visit read at any opportunity and finished it in the car on the way home. Absolutely brilliant I can't recommend it highly enough.

Janice