on 22 October 2007
I bought this to put away for Christmas for my 8 yr old son and couldn't resist listening to it myself. What a disappointment! Where are the stadium rousing rugby songs??? I can't see real rugby fans liking this, - I certainly don't - it has just been thrown together to capture the market of new world cup followers. If you want a decent rendition of Swing Low, Jerusalem & Mae hen wlad fy nhadau then get a copy of 'Dad's Anthems'. Calon Lan was passable. Eager to hear a welsh male choir and several thousand rugby fans sing Bread of Heaven,I picked that track, only to hear some terrible schreeching from a woman! Maybe I missed the Welsh match where they had women singing bread of heaven in such a high key???? Terrible! This CD seems to have the most dreadful backing music to most of the tracks too and quite frankly sounds more like the easy listening stuff you would find on an episode of Songs of praise. None of the tracks have the remotest hint of rugby about them! If you are a real Rugby fan then don't buy this! It's the sort of stuff my mother would appreciate! There are several other rugby anthem cd's out there, I shall be ordering one of those instead! - in case anyone thinks my review is because of my gender etc,it's not, I am female and English/Welsh.
on 25 November 2007
In my ten years or so of purchasing items from Amazon I have, until now, never felt the urge to use my precious time to write a negative review. This despite having purchased a variet of "lemons" from time to time - duly dispatched back and refunded.

I was looking for nape of the neck hair -raising passion. Like when I heard English fans at Twickenham singing 'God Save the Queen' prior to playing a team I supported. As an Englishman I would describe this as flat and boring, even if they do have beautiful voices!. Being from the colonies my adjective is not printable. Donate the money you save to your local community rugby club

David Riddell
Perth WA

PS Perhaps my bias is because I thought this would be as good (or even half as good) as the stirring 1995 rendition which does not seem to be available anywhere.
on 22 May 2010
I had an earlier version on cassette tape & wanted a copy on CD so bought this one. I am a Volunteer in the local cinema & wanted to play these national songs to create the right atmosphere as patrons arrived to watch the film "Invictus". Beautiful music - did the job perfectly. Love these anthems.
on 9 December 2007
Never had as much trouble finding the music for when the players walked out at the 2007 Rugby World Cup!

But anyway, it's Industrial Revolution Part 2 by the City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. You can find it on "The Symphonic Jean-michel Jarre" on Amazon.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 October 2007
I bought this expecting it to be a great listen, however I was to be dissapointed. The sound quality is nothing special and many of the artists aren't great either. It certainly doesn't get you excited, that's for sure!
on 2 October 2007
This is a terrific CD and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy hearing it over and over again.
It's a pity that the complete list of artists who contributed are not included. I'm sure I spotted RyanDan in the clip - but no mention of them. I think everyone should be included in the credits and I'm sure that others would agree.
on 14 April 2015
It is extremely enjoyable and I would recommend it if you like rugby anthems.
on 3 June 2016
Very dull versions of favourite songs.
on 27 September 2015
Excellent Product - Great Service
on 19 June 2011
the cd I was sent was faulty and the company refunded my money after my first enquiry.
Thank you very much, this was certainly five star service.