Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 October 2013
I would not particularly class myself as a fan of One Direction and am certainly not the target audience-I bought this album mainly because my young son wanted it. However, the catchy pop tunes had me dancing around my living room and encouraged me to buy more of their music. If you are looking for light-hearted, funfilled pop then I would recommend Up All Night. My favourite track is What Makes You Beautiful- uplifting and fast paced with enough romance in the lyrics to boost any girls confidence.
on 23 July 2017
My Daughter loved this thank you
on 28 August 2017
best boy band ever love it
on 7 July 2017
Good
on 5 May 2016
really good amount of quality songs, well worth listening too
on 4 January 2015
I bought it for my daughter and it's been on ever since so I presume that means it's good.
on 13 March 2017
good!
on 9 April 2015
This was for my niece, she loves it
on 19 August 2013
yay, i love this album and still do, its on my ipod and hasnt left it since i brought it. Liams my favourite member xx
on 21 January 2012
I doubt anyone would have bought this album expecting some kind of musical masterpiece, so it makes me laugh to see really poor reviews from, quite frankly, people who obviously like to moan for the sake of it! One Direction are a young boyband, no one's denying the fact that it's all manufactured and light-hearted, and the album reflects that. Nope, the songs aren't bringing anything new to the world, nor is there really any sense of originality, but come on...is that the point of this band? Their target audience is predominantly teenage girls! That in mind, I wouldn't say it's a bad first effort at all. The songs are very catchy and mostly upbeat- you can tell the boys had fun making the record and that in turn puts a smile on your face. I guess you would say the whole 'cuteness' of them makes it even more likeable- after all, these songs aren't any worse than most other offerings in today's charts. A few tracks sound suspiciously similar to songs by other artists ('One Thing' is very like 'I Want It That Way' by Backstreet Boys, for instance), but I doubt anyone is going to be overly concerned about that! The main thing is you listen to the record and you can sing along and it makes you crack a smile. It's a bit early at this stage to say how far their success will go, but judging by their current popularity, I'd say they'll be around for at least the imminent future! All things considered, a strong, enjoyable debut album which ticks the right boxes with One Direction fans and I dare say a few other people too!