on 11 March 2016
Promptly delivered and well packaged with tracking information, thank you. The pasta machine is heavy and well made. Mine arrived yesterday (Wednesday) and I decided today was the day to try it out. I followed a recipe via the BBC Good Food website with a video with tips as to how to roll out the dough you make. It's worth a look, I found it helpful. I decided to make ravioli even though I've never made pasta before, it was straightforward to make. I made my dough in my food processor and as my dough felt a little sticky I added a little more flour, big mistake! My lovely ball of dough crumbled into lots of little lumps! I added a drop of water and kneaded it by hand for a minute, fortunately the ball came back and I wrapped it in cling film and let it rest for an hour in the fridge. After I took out my dough, flattened it with my hands, cut it in two, wrapping up the piece I wasn't working with to keep it from drying out, and got my pasta machine ready. It's important to start at the widest roller setting 7 then work down, use a little flour on the rollers to keep the dough from stick here and there. I found I enjoyed this process. I followed the instructions from the booklet with my machine for ravioli and rolled out my dough as per the instructions. The ravioli attachment is easy to use and very satisfying to see little uniform filled pockets appear underneath as I rolled the pasta sheet through. I used my left over trimmings to make tagliatelle pasta and 'angel hair' fine noodle with one of the cutting attachments, this was easy to use. The pasta was great, my son and husband loved it, as did I. It needs a bit of prep but once you know what you're doing it really is easy, I shall continue to try different recipes, Cleaning was straightforward too, I used a new narrow paint brush, turning the rollers to clean, but they all looked pretty good anyway. Another reviewer stressed the importance of getting the pasta dough right, I agree, it mustn't be too sticky. I am very impressed with this pasta machine and can happily reccomend it.
review image
on 12 April 2017
Our first machine developed a fault. Within 1 day of reporting it to Andrew James a new machine was on its way to us, with no quibbles. Brilliant service.
on 7 May 2017
Brilliant machine,heavy but that's what you need,and having all the accessories,first machine I have bought so much easier,a great buy
on 31 May 2017
Excellent product. Bought as a gift and arrived quickly.
on 3 February 2015
I have owned one of these units for several years and they are so useful to have if you like to whip up a quick batch of pasta without too much fuss. They are so easily to use and the pasta comes out thin and delicious every time. After having rolled pasta manually and then switched to this I will never go back. I bought this unit to replace an older similar model that fell to pieces on me (in the middle of a dinner party with Italian guests I might add so I was a little flustered to be without this).

This unit is very similar to the old one, however it feels a little more well put together and comes with some very useful additions that will simplify my pasta making in the future even more. I haven't tried the raviolli cutter yet but looking at it it looks to be genius in design. I can see how it will really speed up making filled pasta in the future.

Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and hopefully it will outlast the latter unit I purchased a few years ago.
on 21 October 2013
This was bought for my other half for us both to try out making our pasta.
It is heavy as anything and works perfectly and i'm super impressed how easy it is!
Even a kitchen Ludite like me can make fresh pasta.
Make sure you have something to dry the pasta on though we used coat hangers!
I've never had a pasta maker before and wondered if it would be too difficult to do, but the recipe is straightfoward (I might mix it in my mixer in future rather than by hand, as it was quite stiff to work into a dough). The pasta machine made short work of creating long pieces of pasta, which I've used to make a very successful lasagne, as well as having tortellini strips mixed with a tomato sauce. I would not rush to eat bought pasta again after trying this, it tastes so soft and fresh, rather than the drier, tougher, chewier products often sold in supermarkets.
33 Comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2016
Perfect done the trick been using it daily since I received it (about 1 month). altho I haven't used he ravioli maker attachement. FOR sumone that never made pasta before this it was ideal and reasonably priced! I honestly don't see how the more expensive ones can be any better....
on 15 August 2014
Bought for a gift
on 20 February 2012
Bought as a Christmas present for my daughter - she is very impressed with the machine, says it is easy to use and clean, sturdy and good value for money compared to others I have seen.