on 10 January 2016
Really enjoyed this and it was better than expected as Phantom of the Opera was excellent thought this would not be as good but was relly enjoyable.
on 20 May 2012
I purchased this DVD for my mother as she absolutely loved Phantom of the Opera and had watched that DVD over and over. She is of the opinion that this is the pinnacle of Andrew Lloyd Webbers musical prowess and the best musical either he or anyone else has ever written. The production is fabulous and the performances could not be bettered. A real triumph and one that can be enjoyed many times, as my mother is now proving as she watches it almost on a daily basis!!
2 people found this helpful
on 15 March 2017
A+++++++++++
on 4 May 2012
Having seen the stage show in London and been slightly disappointed with it after comparing it with the Phantom Of The Opera , I decided to risk buying this version . Boy what a treat , it is superb ! If the London show had been like the Australian version it would never have closed so quickly . Obviously Andrew learned his lesson & put it right.
Well worth buying.
on 2 August 2012
I had previously ordered the Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray double pack from Amazon.co.uk, and it included a trailer of the sequel Love Never Dies. I had the musical soundtrack on my computer, and decided to give it a proper listen as the trailer was very beautiful. Only then, after listening, I was convinced I should see it.
So, I ordered the Love Never Dies DVD/Blu-Ray double pack and Oh. My. God. I've never been more enchanted, entranced or mesmerized as with this musical.
It is a rollercoaster of emotions Love Never Dies takes you on, and the music is breathtaking. In fact, I watched it for the second time a few days ago, and still got goosebumps during some sequences.

If you love Phantom of the Opera, you will definitely love Love Never Dies. It is slightly different from the original Phantom musical, but it plays ten years after the events portrayed there...everyone has grown up a bit, become more mature with all of its shortcomings. 5 stars, no doubt.
on 3 January 2013
A fabulous film! I never expected to like this as I had heard varied reviews however after watching it at the cinema for the live broadcast I knew I had to buy it. Great for any musical fans or those who love Phantom. I still favour the original phantom but friends have liked this one As much if not more so. The set and costumes are great and the songs really grow on you
on 22 April 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this dvd as was wondering just how the story could possibly continue from Phantom of the Opera, and was very pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it, but my husband who really enjoyed Phantom found it most disappointing. Think this just shows how two people can watch the same thing and not agree. The music and storyline (I think) is excellent!!!!
2 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2015
I paid top dollar for this magnificent recording of this production when it was first released. This is a snip for a copy of it for a friend's birthday. The production, design, costumes, voices and portrayals, all as mentioned here, are a joy.
Bobs H x
on 20 February 2013
This australian version is not as good as the London production with Sierra Bogess and Ramin Karimloo but the songs are great and it's a really interesting story.
Can't understand why the critics were so unkind about it, it deserved better reviews and such a shame it didn't last long in the west end. Watch 'Phantom' and love never dies together for the ultimate phantom experience!
on 1 January 2018
Bought as a gift for a friend.