on 2 January 2018
Urban fantasy, time travel and mystery, all rolled up into one. Danny and Rachel have an unusual experience in a graveyard, they go back in time. They go back to the Edwardian era. Danny takes it into his head to save a young girl from murder. Rachel uncovers some family lies. For both of them it was a thrilling and rewarding experience. Unfortunately, time travel has it's consequences. A nicely written and easy to read story.
on 6 May 2015
What I loved about this book was how easy it was to visualize events. It reads like you are actually watching the story, not just reading it. The cast are believable and they somehow all feel familiar, like we all know a Rachel or a Danny. The author clearly knows the area the story takes place in and there is a definite passion and respect for detail. As this story has a strong time travel element, I was happy that the author was able to make you feel the differences in the time periods using the senses, I don’t usually find this happen in many time travel literature. The pace is good and kept me wanting to read on. Loved how the book finished, leaving you with a powerful, visual cliff hanger giving a taste of what is to come in the sequel.
on 16 February 2014
I must admit I love any books that have time travel in them, and this one didn't disappoint either. To make things even better, was to get to the end of this book knowing there were more to come. :) I ended up purchasing all 5 of the books and reading them one after the other over the space of a couple of days. :)
Imagine two students, in a graveyard doing a project and ending up travelling in time. I won't spoil the storyline, but will say there are twists and turns, romance and some hard decisions to make...all totalling up to a jolly good read!
2 people found this helpful
on 26 December 2013
Why the end of these books - and I am talking about most of the time-travel ones that I read from here - have the end brought me to such an anti-climax? I thought about it a lot, there is nothing significant that I can put my finger on it and say 'see, this is what you've should've write' but the truth is I was left unsatisfied (now I am talking about this book in particular). Like a love story with no happy ending or worse, one with no ending that leaves tons of unanswered questions. I hoped that Rachel's last trip to the past will give poor Charlie some well deserved 'treats' but no. But that's just me and I might be too mean, as I trully enjoy this series.
I do hope the author takes some time to read through these reviews which - although not professional - are a valuable peak in the 'market's mind, likes and dislikes.
on 18 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. There's always an added special dimension when you're familiar with the place where a book is set and so I enjoyed the view of Birmingham - present and especially past. It's written for a young adult audience but it's one of those books that also makes good reading for adults. I admired the author's historical research to bring to life firstly Birmingham in 1912 and then again in the 1940s. And I think it added a level of sophistication that the two lead characters - young man and woman - are not romantically thrown together but each have interests elsewhere. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series.
on 16 October 2016
Overall I'm interested enough to keep reading the series...on book 5 now.

But this is a poor start with Uni students acting like 12 year olds and a rushed and very simple plot that really doesn't warrant a book.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I love time travelling stories, especially if paradoxes are involved. This was unexpectedly short and more if a taster for the full series.
on 16 August 2015
The story isn't new, as in the thought pattern of it. But as a person that enjoys these types of stories it was giving me great promise of a truly interesting read. But sadly I feel so much more could have been put into this book. It was much too brief for my liking. I had only just settled into it, then it was finished.
on 22 July 2013
I had read Andy's script he had turned into a feature "Arjun and Alison" so I knew very well that he could write but I didn't expect to be so blown away as I was with this one. The detail was brilliant. I have a feeling Andy went all out on his research on the history of the town and I felt I could go and visit and really see these places. I love the characters and simply adored this book.
I read it in a day and am about to order the next one!
One person found this helpful
on 7 October 2017
Loved it and loved the second one to, just got the next two, really recommend this series.