Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 6 June 2004
The book is about an Indian girl who wants to play football like her idol David Beckham.The message of this book is that you don`t need to stop fulfilling your wishes and dreams wahtever other people think.The parents have other ideas of living than the children have.The main characters Jess and Jules become best friends while the plot.They`re both in love with their coach Joe.
The novel isn`t so hard to understand because you can find the vocubalary at the end of the pages but it`s written in a slang.It`s put up in thirteen chapters.
I think that it`s important to live the way you want and not just to follow traditions and values.In my opinion is this the right book to show this problem and the generation conflict.
The appeal is that also girls are able to play football professional.I recommend this book because it`s modern and it talks about the real problems that tennagers have. hannah
on 5 May 2002
Follow Jess and jewels through their fight to play in a womens soccer leagues. Jess fighting against her religion to play soccer meets her new best friend jewels, who fights against her mum. (who thinks she should be into pump up bra's?)Jewels and jess develop a very special relationship but all fails when they both fall in love with their coach, georgeus Joe! Jess keeps sneaking off to football practises, even misses her sisters wedding. But what happens if they find out and will Jess and Jewles ever make up?
on 3 November 2014
This novel, aimed at teenagers, is based on the Gurinder Chada screenplay of the 2002 film. It is what you’d expect if you’ve seen the film – a fairly close interpretation and containing immortal lines like: “ ‘Lesbian? Her birthday’s in March. I thought she was a Pisces.’ ‘She’s not Lebanese, she’s Punjabi.’ ”
Full review at: http://stevek1889.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/football-fiction.html
on 26 October 2004
I found this a great book. It's a book about a mix of soccer and love and I think most teenagers will like that. I've enjoyed reading it very much! I found it even better than the film. The book is very well written and it's easy to follow the line in the story.
Maybe later I'll read it a second time because it's a very beautiful and exciting story.
I hope there are more such books to read, I really enjoyed it!
I'm not a fast reader so this book was perfect for me! I really recommend this book to everyone!
on 16 March 2013
I have always liked this book, firstly i bought the film then the paperback and cd soundtrack and now goin to buy the ebook version so i've always got it to hand. Definitely one of my faves since i was 14.
on 27 March 2013
This book is so good because its an Indian girl who wants to play football and she loves her coach which i Irish and is white and Indian girls are not supposed to love white men who aren't indian
on 10 March 2013
I love the story, but enjoyed the jfilm better. It is well writtten and quite readable. I have been inspirted to write on a similar topic
on 30 March 2013
An Excellent read - used it for world book day with my Year 8 class.It comes highly recommended. with thanks
on 10 April 2014
I loved this book so much like I could read it for the rest of my life. This book is amazing
on 4 February 2016
My daughter loved this but I didn't realise how much swearing it would entail