on 31 January 2014
A varied collection with some chilling stories and some that are just intriguing. Everyone will have a different favourite - mine was 'Near Zennor' by Elizabeth Hand, who was new to me. The Stephen King opener was up to his earlier short story standard and there are plenty of others. Well worth the tiny amount I paid.
on 5 June 2013
It's not often I pick up a book of stories and can honestly say I enjoyed reading every single one. Each author with their own style but somehow fitting together to create this brilliant book I found almost impossible to put down until I had read it all.
on 2 November 2013
Although not the best collection of horror fiction I have ever read, "A Book of Horrors" is by no means bad. There are some gems to be found. What all the stories have in common is that they are traditional tales of horror. Well worth a read.
on 13 November 2012
Overall an excellent book. I have given it 4 stars by virtue of the fact there are different style of writing in the book and not every one will impress the reader, however this is a superb collection of stories.
on 27 February 2013
I quite enjoyed this book- some good scary stories in it and some a bit dull. Worth a read if you like this sort of thing
on 5 June 2013
There are some very good short stories here and there are some genuinely terrible ones. None are particularly scary or disturbing and I think the title over sells the content.
on 10 July 2013
Nothing special. Some hits and some misses. As is a collection of short stories is easy to pick and put down.
on 5 November 2013
About half these short stories were good, the other half not so much. Something for all horror lovers here. The two stories at he beginning were the best for me.
on 30 December 2012
Most are gripping and to the point. The depths of horror! A few are too long winded as the ends are not as good as the stories anticipate.
on 15 November 2013
Most of the stories are very good. There was one that I didn't know what was happening! Still worth a read though.