on 6 March 2018
Kept my interest throughout. Held my breathe a few times. Thank God for people like Big Phil Champion and the other SAS operatives. It was great to have such a personal insight into how these fantastic people do so much to keep us safe. Also reminded me of those we loved and lost in the line of duty. If you enjoy boos about the SAS and the circuit you won't get much better than this. I highly recommend it. Thank you Phil for all you have done and still do and thank you for giving us this insight into your world Awesome.
on 21 June 2017
This is far from being one of the best pieces of writing about combat, to paraphrase Andy McNab. It was enjoyable but it's not a Dispatches or The Things They Carried or among others of this contractor-genre. It's cliche-ridden, but for a self confessed guy with no education, he's got a book of his exploits. How many of the people reviewing this have got one? Of course they'll be some exaggeration; our memories tend to not be 100 accurate.

For a pound I thought it was it a decent buy.
on 6 July 2017
Wow really enjoyed this book, I have never really read any true army accounts before so wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say I really couldn't put it down. Each page made we want to know what "Big Phil" gets up to next.

Would recommend this to anyone who likes military books or who just likes a good real life read
on 29 July 2013
I enjoyed reading the authors story, and was fascinated by his life experiences, especially his time in Afghanistan. This man has seen it all and done it all, from Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan, to tackling Somali Pirates and getting close and personal with terrorist organisations. This is A GREAT READ AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
on 1 May 2015
Big Phil Campion is the real deal. This all action tale of derring-do clearly demonstrates the nature of the beast who is a mercenary earning a living, and often nearly a dying, from working in the world’s most dangerous conflict zones, and one or two other places. It also stands testament to the survival instincts and nous of a man who grew up a product of the what for many of us would be described as a sorrowful childhood in and out of care, adoption and, quite literally, the woods to escape abuse. But you’re never asked to feel sorry for the young Big Phil. Indeed you get the sense he was on a mission from his earliest days and it is your privilege to join him on a journey that really could only lead one way: to the British Special Forces. Big Phil’s story also provides a rare insight into exactly the kind of talent you need to have to be such a soldier, a talent that is just way beyond what you might find in a comic strip all action hero. Phil is a skilled diplomat, man manager, firearms expert, survival expert, as well as being the gung-ho leader of men who likes a drink and maybe even a Havana. I often have trouble reading books as they are not exciting enough. No such problem here: the action does not really stop from start to finish as the story flashes back from Gaza, Iraq, Afghanistan and pirate patrol to the writer’s early years which, you find, were in many ways the making of this resourceful can-do man. You also get the most wonderful real life social work twist at the end to look forwards to, and the whole story is peppered with the best of Forces humour. Big Phil Campion is somebody we can all be really proud of and reading his story was a great pleasure.
on 2 March 2018
Big Phil what can I say.

Excellent read well worth the wait been putting it off for a while now and I enjoyed it.

Great in sight into how things need dealing with and the lengths good skilled men need to go.

Now on to another one of your books.
on 14 January 2018
Could not put this book down excellent author very gripping from start to finish very brave man should be well proud of himself
on 19 January 2017
Was hard to put this book down and I was sorry to reach its end. Good luck big Phil, keep safe and keep it real
on 15 January 2017
Such an insightful look into the career of a larger than life character. The sort of bloke you'd want to share beers with . A great read from start to finish .
on 29 August 2017
An incredible Man putting his life danger. Coming from nothing to where he is now. What an amazing thing to have achieved. My total respect for him and to those others who do so, for our freedom and security. This is a real insight into the life of one of our heroic countrymen.