on 29 December 2017
Excellent for walking in ice or snow.
Metal ice grips that really dig in to the ice to give you safety when walking. Recommend these for elderly, disabled or anyone who finds it hard to walk safely on ice or snow.
on 23 July 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 February 2012
I brought this product in October and I am so glad I did. They go over most flat shoes and to prove it I have put them on a pair of reef flips flops, a pair of trainers and a pair of boots. Worked each time and did not fall off.

After the snow on Saturday night I wore them for the first time over a pair of trainers and experienced a confidence I have never had before. They are brilliant. Easy to put on and take off and just keep them in a plastic bag when not needed.
on 5 January 2018
This is the second pair of these I have bought now. First pair I bought for daughter as a Christmas present and so well received by her that I was told to buy her another pair. Yes they really do work.
She takes a size 5 and I got these in the small size and they fit over the bottoms of her wellies and shoes fine. What she did notice though was any shoes (trainers) like sketchers that have wider (thicker soles) then they are a tight fit. But if then going for the next size up a medium they would fall off the bottom of shoes.
Honestly though these have kept daughter from falling over on ice and snow during Christmas period of snow. Easy to just pop into carrier bag after taking off when out and about. They do make a clicking noise though if not on snow and left on shoes, yes daughter had the jokes about sounding like a rugby player with the studs. Just the job for when walking the dog in snow or ice stops you from being dragged along.
on 19 February 2013
I got a pair of these for my wife who has to brave walking the steep hills in our city four or five times a week.

In snow and ice they really work great, giving grip and secure footing as designed. A lot of our streets and pavements are cobbled which makes them particularly hazardous in bad conditions and difficult for the council to clear too.

Only problem I see is that when conditions vary between uncleared areas and cleared, walking on smooth stone or slab pavements becomes the hazard as the steel studs can slide on this kind of surface. It's not a fault of the overshoes, they do what it says on the tin, it's just something to bear in mind when walking around on them.

My wife says in these variable conditions she ends up seeking out the places where the snow is still lying :-) as she feels more secure walking on them.

The overshoes fit on fairly snugly and don't really move around on the shoe/boot, though I imagine if your size is a bit in between you might find them to be either a bit of a tight or slack fit depending on which size you choose.

Overall these really work very well in the conditions they are designed for so I can thoroughly recommend them to others.
on 6 June 2014
Well packaged. Fast delivery. Brilliant ice grips and so well made. I was so fed up of these types of ice grips as ones bought previously have fallen apart after a short while etc. etc. so I was not expecting much with these - but, boy, was I pleasantly surprised! Sturdy, reliable and excellent value for money! A++++ seller
on 25 January 2013
I received these snow grips before the estimated delivery date and have tried them out twice on the snow while out running and they've been great. They are a bit better on frozen compact snow rather than soft slushy snow but they still worked on the soft snow. Very happy with the seller and would definitely use again.
on 29 December 2014
Excellent product I am now able to walk my dog with confidence when it is icy weather and here in Scotland it gets pretty icy. Wish I had found these years ago. Purchased a set each for all the family. Would be brilliant for all the elderly who live in areas where the council don't grit paths.
on 29 January 2015
The spikes on these are on thick rubber pads, and the rubber pads are centralised instead of reaching almost the width of the shoe or boot sole. This means that the wearer is wearing spiked platforms on their shoes, which would be ok if the spiked rubber platforms were almost the width of the shoe or boot sole but which, because of the narrowness of the platforms, is not desirable due to the instability it creates. Thus, if you are walking on an indoor floor or an outdoor even, flat, smooth, icy surface, you will not notice the instability, but as soon as you begin to walk on any surface which is not perfectly horizontal, flat or smooth, you will find yourself tipping over slightly, which is in itself painful at the ankles and dangerous, both to your ankles and because it poses a greater risk of falling as a result. I wore them once and am going to throw them away. I could not in conscience give them to a charity shop.
on 14 June 2017