Format: DVD|Change

on 8 June 2012
Ok, so I know a lot of people think that this season isn't as good as previous ones, and they have a point I think the show misses something without Cheryl, I agree the New York move was a pointless one, and yes the dynamic between Larry and Leon has become tired.

So if I think that then why I am still giving five stars? That's simple it's still laugh out loud funny, beautifully awkward and incredibly well written. It is still my favourite current sitcom on air, and the pit falls are nothing when stacked up against what made and continues to make this show great. I compare this season to 8 and 9 of Seinfeld (when Larry left the show) yes you can criticise it but only because of how great it was in the first place. It is easily still a 5 star show and it is still outstanding to its long standing fans and new fans alike.

If you're a fan of Larry, Seinfeld, Curb, sitcom, or just great TV this season deserves a place in your DVD collection.
on 8 August 2013
Another series. I'd read reviews suggesting that the relocation to New York robbed this series of its feel, but in my opinion it didn't. I am a big fan of Enthusiasm and some of my favourite episodes from all the series are in this one. Those in the know don't need me to recommend it - if you're a fan you'll be buying it anyway, if you're new to the show, start at the beginning.
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2013
The great thing about Curb is that Larry David won't just make them religiously every year, he takes a break, and after a few years, Larry was ready to come back to CYE and really do a good job. For me, this has been the best series for 3 or 4 now, but sadly without Cheryl, I thought that wouldn't be the case.

There are some fabulous moments here: everything from Larry competing for a woman's heart with Rosie O'Donell, right through to Larry's rather naughty car which makes women feel pleasure. There are some some great guests - as I said before, Rosie's back, and we get a cameo from Michael J Fox, and from The Office star Ricky Gervais.

Obviously, this goes without saying, but Larry's been very controversial again - not only making commentary on Parkinson's Disease; but on the relations between Jews and Arabs. As usual, some of this isn't really for the young, but is funny at the same time. God knows how he gets some of this stuff by the censor.

There's also some great side stories - like with Jeff and Suzie, The Funk Man too, and of course our good old friend Richard Lewis is being his usual happy self, though Larry always manages to put the cat amongst the pigeons as usual.

This is a good DVD, though I ask myself why did they not put 6 on one disk, and 4 on the other? Also the extras were a bit thin on the ground, though "Leon's guide to NYC" was very good - it wasn't really compelling viewing. Though as a fan of Curb, this was an essential for me.

Here's looking forward to season 9.
on 18 June 2012
1.Larry David is probably the only working comedian today i have any respect for.Curb Your Enthusiam rules and whilst season 8 is a bit so so compared to earlier series it shall still recieve 5 stars just for it being over the course over the last few years consistently hilarious and providing me with hours of enjoyment and laughter.
2.I recently was involved in a "heated debate" with some student concerning Larry David,she said "he's such a loser"....i disagreed.David is champion of the obnoxious,a grenade to social graces,a walking two fingered salute to insincerity.You actually find yourself able to spot Larry Davidisms in real day to day life whether this be in a situation or bumping into someone you don't really like but still talk to.Golden nuggets in this season include the cut and chat technique,the "sorry" window,pig parking,badly packed takeaways and the dangers of communal cupboard space.
David takes the microcosms of everyday life,habits,the weird rountines and elevates them to comic brilliance.
3.Larry David is a true rarity,a multi multi millionaire with the big house,success yet i do not seethe with jealous bitterness,the man deserves every dollar.Its very deceptive,subtle stuff how as a viewer no matter what you feel on the side of David even when refusing to buy cookies off girl scouts on ethical grounds.Like the best of 'em David makes it look easy.
4.Larry David.Best dinner party guest in the world.Fact.
5.Curb Your Enthusiasm is a way of life.So order all the seasons and start counting the innumerable Larry Davidisms.
88 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
This season, in our humble opinion, just didn't live up to expectations based on previous seasons. There is an over reliance on one-liners and it feels like it's a little bit full of its own sense of cleverness (if that makes sense without using dodgy language!). A real pity that sometimes people don't know when to stop. You might love it but for us it was a disappointment.
on 25 April 2013
Another great series of curb your enthusiasm. Larry continues to build great narrative on some of life's little frustrations. Particular highlights include Michael J Fox as a noisy neighbour and how Larry and Michael interact in this episode provides some great comedy moments.
Whilst it's not quite in the same league as series 7, curb fans won't be disappointed.
on 4 August 2014
Season 8 is the one of the best seasons (but not the best) of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Also the last season, it seams. A shame because the writing just gets better and better and the acting too. Larry David is a comedy genious and still attracts guest stars like Ricky Gervais, Rosie O'Donnell, and Michael J. Fox. You''ll love the episode with Michael J. Fox.

There is no doubt, you have to watch it.

I own all episodes of Larry David and love season 3-8 to bits. Season 1-2 are not awesome but they still have lots of those "Larry David moments" that will make you shout "stop talking Larry!!!" to the television!
on 8 June 2013
Exceeded expectations. First five episodes are brilliant, new and clever ,and the other five are no worse than previous series. Recommended !!If you like Larry David's brand of comedy and even one of the previous series, then don't hesitate. Well worth it, you won't find better humour.
on 30 March 2014
I recently had an argument in a car park with some person who parked selfishly, watch the L.D.episode when the man does the same thing, of course the argument Larry has comes back to haunt him, not 5 star Larry but worth watching, I miss Cherly
on 8 July 2013
We are all Larry David. Except when other inhabitants upset us we mostly say nothing but wish we had. Larry doesn't and I think you'll mostly wish he hadn't , when you've stopped laughing. Worth it for the cover alone.