on 5 March 2017
The soundbar is easy to set up. The supplied 3.5mm jack plug to tv headphone socket and the 12v power supply to a mains plug. The unit has manual on/off at side with sound up/down. Also a small remote offers a reasonable room range with button cell included.
The sound is much clearer and sharp than my tv offers so I am well satisfied for the price. A Trevi Blue Ray soundbar version is available at a higher price id necessary.
This one works fine for my needs.
on 8 January 2013
I recently bought a 32" Toshiba LCD TV for the kitchen and was very disappointed with its sound output. I appreciate that due to their size LCD TVs cannot house huge speakers, but my other sets (a Samsung and a Toshiba) both deliver good, weighty sound. For 'aesthetic' reasons (read 'wife') I could not change the TV, so I had no choice but to augment it - and a cheap soundbar seemed the logical choice.

As the TV is white the soundbar had to be white too, which significantly limited my choice, but I have to say that I am more than pleased with the Trevi. I'm no hifi expert, but the sound from this unit is loud enough to fill a large room and doesn't distort at high volumes.

I don't bother with the 3D mode or the remote control; I just leave it switched on so that when I turn on my TV the sound comes straight out of the Trevi and not the TV. It connects to my Toshiba via the headphone socket and I simply use the TV remote to control the volume.

One thing I did notice was a remote control clash. When I pressed '1' on my Toshiba remote it switched off the soundbar! No worries... the Trevi remote sensor is behind the mesh grille, so I removed the grille, covered the sensor in Duck tape, replaced the grille and now all is well. You can't see the tape beneath the mesh and my TV remote doesn't interfere with it any more.

If you want a decent sounding speaker system for your TV without costing silly money then I'd recommend giving this a try.
on 14 June 2012
We bought the Trevi 40W Soundbar 2.1 in black 6 to 7 months ago now and I must say that it has been absolutely fantastic.

Yes you could buy a more powerful soundbar at a lot more money, but I think as value for money goes, this product ticks all the boxes.

It produces great sound, looks very stylish and is very uncomplicated and understated.

It all depends on what you want in life really. If you want an Aston Martin but can't afford it, you are not going to get an Aston Martin.

If you are on a budget but want a worthwhile, reliable, stylish soundbar, this is the one for you.

You can even choose a black or a white one, how good is that! Also it comes with a wall mounting kit included!

This doesn't pretend to be top end, but for value for money, it's top dollar!
on 21 November 2012
Bigger than I expected but the sound quality is excellent, really enriched the thin speaker quality of todays slim TVs.Would also reccomend for PCs as it plugs into head phone socet. All cables and wall brackets supplied with product.
on 11 November 2011
Stylish, well-built, and most importantly - good sound quality. If you're looking to get better quality sound from your TV, without going the full hog & buying a 5.1 (or 6.1) speaker system, then this product is ideal. The reason I opted for this over a 5.1 system was due to having limited space in the room this particular TV set is situated.

Product was very easy to setup - it's plug & play - I never even had to read the user manual! You can sit it on top/ below your TV, or you can use the 2 mounts that come with it to fix it to your wall. The mounts are plastic, but very sturdy and they also have a rubber strip across them to keep the speaker in place once fitted.

The one negative about this product is that it's not very loud.

Overall though, it's a good product.
on 10 January 2014
No need to buy a costly sound bar with digital optical connectors if you're tv only has a headphone output jack. This sound bar is designed purely for this type of connection. It's not the most powerful of units and it's 3D sound is more of a gimmick than a reality. However, it transformed the mushy treble output from our ageing flat screen tv into something 60+ year old ears could decipher.
on 1 April 2012
I bought this to go with my new 37" Toshiba LCD, I wasn't expecting too much from the TV so I just wanted a bit more bass and "richness" etc. Whilst the Trevi soundbar looks great, feels well manufactured, and has a nice array of speakers, it just doesn't deliver. I found that the bass was no better than the TV, and when you I tried the "3D" mode I couldn't tell the difference at all.
Perhaps I was expecting too much from it, you only get what you pay for after all! Having said that you can get cheaper 5.1 sound systems that would blow this bar out of the water!

It probably would be O.K. for TV's smaller than 32", MP3's, laptops etc, but "Perfect for LCD TV" as described - I don't think so. And I so much wanted this to work for me, very disappointed!

Two stars for great looks and build quality but it ends there.
on 10 December 2014
Ordered this as the model i was after shot up in price. After reading numerous reviews i had high hopes for the sound quality and generally having a soundbar.
I'm on the fence with an opinion,for instance, on movies it'll take away that annoying tinny rattling sound at high volumes that occurs on my TV, and on xbox it'll enhance the sound ever so slightly, personally, i can't really tell the difference between normal and '3D' mode apart from a slight bass increase. Static can be heard if you mute the bar but not off putting! It looks good, built quite well and i guess for the price....can't grumble too much overall.

I sold my old phone to envirofone for amazon cash...so this was practically free for me. Overwise, i'd be considering a refund.
You get what you pay for!
on 21 April 2014
This sound bar is very good value for money! I got the white one by accident but actually it hides quite well against the white wall behind the tv instead of seeing more black like the tv. Sound quality is brilliant and now my tv is only on volume 6 and not 11! Glad we bought it! Cant recommend it enough :-)
on 20 January 2014
I really like a full rounded sound when listening to music which unfortunately is lacking in laptops and all in one's. I plugged this Trevi bar in and my reaction was "Wow how wonderful". There is a whole range of adjustments available, it has a built in subwoofer, it's really neat and sits on the shelf behind my all in one and a very handy little remote for on/off, volume up or down and 3D sound if required. It does not have that all consuming thumping Bass but then again I don't want that so it suits my tastes just right. I'm pleased I chose it and it was thanks to people leaving feedback that helped with my choice.