on 26 November 2014
Bought these at the end of October, I need to replace them after less than a month. I cycle three miles every day and they have worked well but the pads are right down. The more expensive clarks pads are worth it. Wouldn't buy these again.
on 4 July 2017
These seem to be pretty good. I've had them on for a week or so and they're holding up well, providing decent braking performance. They were also easy to install.
on 7 March 2012
yeah, these brakes do the job they're supposed to. I often ride quite fast down the field to my house, and even when the grass is wet these brakes bring me to a nice halt before I go smashing myself and my bike into a mangled wreck on the steps leading to my flat. only gave them 4 stars cos they squeak a SMALL amount when dry but there's still time for them to bed in.
on 20 September 2012
i recently bought order one set of these clarks gold mtb v-brake pad, aqua design break block for the rear of my bike, i have been using them for almsot two weeks now and i must say these are by far the best break pads for v brakes i have ever used ( IN DRY WEATHER )..... however tonight was the first time i have used them in the rain or any wet envoronment and these are BY FAR THE WORST break pads i have ever, ever used in wet conditions, they could not stop me what so ever they even struggled to slow me down even the slightest, i am shocked at how bad these pads are in rain infact the cheap £1.99 pads that came on my bike work better, i would only recomend this product for dry riding as they are very dangerous in the wet.
on 4 February 2014
they are not as good as my old brake blocks . they are not verry good in the wet . ok only in dry condistions .
on 1 February 2013
Work really well on my Specialized hybrid stop me better than the originals and more hardwearing too. Easy enough to fit yourself.
on 23 November 2013
Bought these to replace the standard ones supplied with the brakes on my CARRERA HYBRED bike, they where just not up to it anymore!
These are so good if you grabbed to much on the front you`d be over the handlebars no kidding; and just as good in thje wet with out any hesitation,they are confidence inspiring and cheap at the price.
Don`t just buy enough to equip your bike buy a spare set like I did you may not get them at this price again!

Well recommended!
on 1 January 2015
Bought these brakes for my mountain bike that I use for commuting purposes only. Have had them for 8 months now, and covered approximately 1000 miles, on a commute with quite heavy braking (due to traffic).
They squeal under braking whenever the rim surface is even slightly damp (90% of the time in West Midlands, UK). However, its not as loud as other brakes so its not too bad.
These brakes are very sharp initially, however, after a few days, the brakes developed a very nice 'progressive' braking effect that you do not normally get with standard brake pads. You can feel the response from the brakes through the feel of the brake lever. Its hard to describe, but overall, very good brakes. Easy to fit. Decent lifespan. Highly recommended. Missing the 5 star rating due to the squealing which is still present after 8 months of use.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 October 2016
I was getting some squeaking with my previous pads, despite degreasing the pads and the wheel rims several times.

With those Clarks Elite ones, no more squeaking and good breaking power.

However, it took me a long time to put them on the bike and adjust them properly: best to keep the exact original washers and bolts, as opposed to trying to use the new ones provided, as the smallest difference in length can make a difference.
on 24 July 2013
Very good. No wet weather mess, grey rim wash or squeel. Stop very well.
Im using them on a Specialized Sirrus Sport, road bike, very good.