on 24 April 2013
I love this film. Excellent animation great characters, cool story and it even made me laugh at the right times.

Megamind has always been in the shadow of Metropolises top hero, a generic superman clone (Metroman) with all of Superman's powers. First having his rocket knocked of course so instead of being raised by rich but stupid parents he is raised by crooks in jail. In nursery he realises the only way he can beat his arch rival is by being bad a making him his nemesis. As you might have guess from the title Magamind is super smart but clumsy "evil" but his heart is in the right place. After year of planning scheming and battling what happen if he finally wins? Without a worthy hero out there Magamind must redefine himself, especially if he is to get the girl of his dreams. Not everything is at is seems.

A great film, if you like superheroes, comedy, or just great stories this is well worth watching Megamind has the perfect balance brilliance, comedy, slapstick, and action.
on 29 June 2017
Very funny film for children and adults. Don't want to spoil the story for those who haven't seen it but in the end good wins in the most unusual way. No bit that made my 8 & 4 year old daughters upset and they did laugh loudly in a few places. Well worth a watch. Funny to hear Brad Pitt's voice in a cartoon.
on 21 July 2017
Probably my most favourite animated movie. Hilarious even upon 2nd, 3rd or 10th viewing, even for an adult. Nicely paced with enough humour and suspense to keep you entertained complete with an impressive soundtrack for a supposed kiddy film. Narrated by Will Ferrell, Tina Fey and Brad Pitt you know you're in for a treat. Grab a copy, you won't be disappointed.
on 8 February 2012
Well I have to say I think Megamind is my favourite Dreamworks film. I think Will Ferrell was a brilliant choice to voice Megamind. After seeing it once I was hooked and would greet people I know with 'olo' and start mispronouncing words. I think the film itself is very funny, yet sweet. The soundtrack is awesome and Back in Black by AC\DC works so well in it. One of my favourite parts that I was completely un-expecting is towards the end... The `Presentation' scene with Guns `N' Roses' Welcome to the Jungle blaring, I was wowed by that completely.
I would highly recommend this to everyone and anyone! You'll find yourself randomly quoting lines from it such as when I was making microwave people I told it it'll be exploding in the microwave of evil mwhahaha!
review image
on 31 March 2017
Except that it ends bad (but not really bad, like... good), t'was real funny.

But it ends...

Well it shouldn't end... like, that kind of bad. (bad should win, that would be good)
on 30 October 2017
I completly lost intersst in this after about half hour. Didn't hold my attention at all. Disappointing animated movie. First in a while.
on 16 November 2012
Superhero story with a twist! Whoever had the original idea for this story needs a pat on the back. Villain gets fed up being villain, wants to be be hero instead. This story is great, the animation and characterisation are good. All in all an entertaining film, which will get watched more than once.
on 13 August 2017
Love this film can watch it over and over again
on 22 November 2017
Great value quick service loved it
on 13 May 2017