Customer reviews

Shrek [Blu-ray] [2001]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 22 June 2004
This DVD contains both the original Shrek film, and a new 15 minute feature in 3D.
Shrek, on its own gets 5 stars. It is a truly amazing film, funny to people of all ages. The animation is beautiful, the voices great (my favourite is by far Donkey, voiced by Eddie Murphy). If you havn't seen this film then buy this DVD with no doubts, even if its just for the main film.
The additional disc, Shrek 3D is different. Its a 3D feature lasting about 15 minutes (the kind where u wear those red and blue glasses... 4 pairs supplied). There is very little in the way of a story, and the main plot is all written on the back of the box. It seems like the feature is an excuse to play around with 3d, rather than a good feature enhanced with 3d. Despite all this, it is still quite good. The 3d animation is very good, and things do seem to be sticking out of your TV screen. However, after 15 minutes of viewing my eyes really hurt. There is an option on it to play it in standard animation, without the 3d, but I don't really see the point in this, as without the gimmick of the 3D it isn't really that great.
On the whole, if you don't own shrek already, get this because u get the original film and the new feature for the same price as just the original. If you already own Shrek, I don't think that paying nearly 15 quid for just the 15 minutes is worth it, but if you do feel that you want everything to do with shrek, then go for it,
11 Comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2017
I saw this film when it originally came out and found it very funny. My young niece was staying over and I thought she would like it as she'd never seen it before and she did as she thought it was very funny too.
on 6 February 2017
A classic - my 4 year old loves it and I still find it reasonably tolerable!
on 20 July 2017
Shrek is a family favourite in our house and the Amazon Video HD version is absolutely superb and accessible to a wider variety of gadgets.
on 8 May 2017
I love the first shrek film and wanted to introduce my children to it before we visited the shrek attraction in London.
on 18 August 2017
Keeps the grandkids entertained when it rains good film.
on 7 April 2017
Such a favourite film of the grandkids and so cheap
on 2 August 2017
Cake! Cake has layers! I don't care, Ogres are not... like cake...
on 21 June 2017
Family favourite - love Shrek!
on 21 May 2017