on 25 November 2012
This PC is a great upgrade from my old PC as I did not want to spend a lot of money,It was delivered in a few days it works perfectly and much faster than my old one, at first I was worried about buying a refurbed one but from now on this is the way to go for me. If, like me you don't need the latest on the market I would recomend this way to upgrade.
on 8 September 2013
I'm giving this computer five stars, although I do have a quibble because it's supplied with only one hard drive. The computer case has a few marks, which are absolutely NO problem as cosmetics are not the important part of why I chose this model. Before purchasing, I did a search online for the various computers offered here on Amazon as refurbished. This particular computer was reviewed very favourably on several sites, it has a very high spec and seemed ideal for what I needed, which was to replace an older machine whose C drive had died and there was no supplied disc to reinstall WinXP. One of the attractions of this computer was that it has a MS Win7 disc, which is something that is far more important than may people think.

It's extremely quiet, it has four PCI slots free for cards that were moved from the old PC, including two USB cards that give four external USB ports as well as a vital 9-pin internal connector for other peripherals.

I can't say enough about the speed of delivery, the quality of the machine and the overall ease of use. Instead of being bothered about not having an internal D drive, I have installed a bay that holds two old 2.5 inch drives from dead laptops, and also have two external drives for storage. It's the way forward, I believe, using external storage rather than one internal drive.

If you're looking for a PC for use at home or the studio which is where I use this one, you would find it difficult to get a computer with this quality for a better price.
on 5 October 2012
My old computer of 8 years failed,I don't have alot of money and this computer does everything I need and operates just like a new one.
on 6 March 2014
I GOT THIS LAST YEAR , IT'S BEEN OUT OF ACTION DUE TO FAKE WINDOWS PRO . THEY WANTED £25 FOR ME TO SEND IT BACK TO THEM YEAH RIGHT . EVENTUALLY HAD TO HAVE NEW HARD DRIVE AND ORIGINAL XP PUT BACK ON COSTING ME £85 DON'T BUY ANY OF THEY'RE STUFF .
on 9 January 2014
My old pc died recently and I had not budgetted for a brand new one just yet, so I decided to take the plunge and get a refurbished machine to tide me over.

Positives: I ordered mine from IT COM in view of their 96% positive rating. It arrived VERY quickly! It worked out of the box - came with Windows 7 Professional installed, not Windows 7 Home Premium as advertised, so that was a bonus.
It has a good sized 750gb hard drive which on its own would cost about £40-£50, so together with a copy of Windows 7 (OEM version only) and the other bits and pieces it represents fair value for money. Windows 7 is an improvement over Vista, but the rather slow Pentium 4 processor is really no competition for a modern dual or quad core, and trying to run several things at once can be very frustrating.

Negatives: it was advertised as being 'Used - Like New' - it isn't like new. The one I received is scuffed on the top and bottom, there is black indelible marker on the top and several old labels (PAT test stickers etc) which are peeling off. If you wanted something to look nice on top of your desk it might be an issue.
I got a desk top model which is quite small and has very little room inside. For example there is no room to install my old hard disk as a secondary internal drive. I would have preferred a tower but I don't think there is an option to specify when ordering.
There is no card reader, which I find very useful and which nearly all new machines have these days.
There is no Windows COA licence sticker on mine and the 'genuine installation disc' is just a Maxell DVD-R disc which I assume has the necessary software on it. I wouldn't expect a genuine full retail version of Windows 7 to be shipped with a pc at this price, but the product description is misleading.

However, if you don't need a fast pc, just something basic to browse the 'net and write e-mails, it will be ok. It is a solid machine with a fair price, but not a fantastic bargain - yes it's cheaper than a basic new base unit, but then it does have a pretty ancient Pentium 4 processor and only 2Gb RAM. I was going to award 4 stars because of the 750gb hard drive and Windows 7 OS, but having used it for a while it really only deserves 3, it just seems to struggle too much, multiple browser windows take ages to load. And I have found that trying to charge a tablet or mobile phone via the front USB sockets takes forever, they seem to have very low power.

It'll do for a year at a pinch, but to be honest I'm looking forward to replacing it with a more versatile and much faster machine already!

A quick update. After a year I couldn't do with this slow machine any more and bought a shiny new one. I took the hard disc out to use as a portable back up drive and put a smaller hard disc into the Dell, intending to keep it as a spare or to give to one of my nephews to mess with. Unfortunately the 'Genuine Windows 7' disc did not work - it asked for an authorisation code and the one which was on a label on the side of the machine did not work. I sent several e-mails to IT Com and Amazon about this but failed to get anywhere. It looks like IT Com have done a bunk and Amazon would not honour any purchases with them as a third party seller. Thanks Amazon. Great customer service I don't think.
on 27 February 2014
I'm extremely happy with this product. Being 86 years of age I found it easy to set up. Just got to get used to Windows 7
on 12 August 2012
If you know something about recent PC history the condition and serviceability of the machine will surprise and please you. A great bit of kit at an amazing price, so do what I did update the old XT that just about runs e-mails and get one of these boxes, keep your keyboard, mouse, screen etc, the Windows 7 CD is worth the money alone.
on 11 February 2014
Supplied via cloud one day early well packaged. No power lead or instructions provide.
On booting up text etc all blurred.tried co trol panel remedies without success and also a
Different monitor but no good.
Contacted cloud who are arranging to pick it up today (hopefully) and supply a replacement
On Friday!!!
Very disappointed with the whole deal

Gagt
on 20 February 2014
With Microsoft stopping support for XP it was time to move on and this PC with Windows 7 pre installed was a cheap way in. It's not pretty but is compact and fits neatly under my monitor. You can tell it's from another era because it has a floppy drive but the hard drive at 750Gb has plenty of space and 2Gb of working memory seems to be enough for the basic stuff I use it for. Had to fiddle about a bit with the hard drive partition which was set up a bit strangely but so far I am very pleased.
on 15 October 2014
Does what it says on the box. Having trouble finding generic RAM cards that work in order to bring it up to the max of 3.5GB, the Windows 7 software was a bit twitchy and had to be reinstalled, part of the software "Toredo tunneling adapter" failed, seems to be a common problem with Windows 7. This problem increased the boot up time considerably, I corrected this by removing it then buying, installing and using tuneup software to correct the boot up speed. Works well now, it does what I want it to do, the PC itself is fine, I'm happy with the hardware.