on 4 July 2015
Terrible, as others have found these simply do not last and Amazon does not appear to support the refunds (Edit - THEY DO and have refunded and arranged collection, excellent service!). The traditional green ones we have are fine, but the coloured ones are terrible (this is the second pair to do this!). They are less than two months old, probably used 8 times!
review image
on 20 March 2014
After wearing my previous Hunters (made in Scotland) for 27 years I did not hesitate to purchase a new pair. The new ones (made in Indonesia) lasted 4 months before they began to let in water around the seams. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Perhaps Hunter should bring their production back to Scotland and concentrate on quality, not profit, just as it used to be! I won't be buying Hunters again.
on 29 August 2012
Gorgeous boots which I proudly wore daily for 13 months to walk the dog... but then developed splits where the rubber bends - across the bridge of the feet and around the ankles. Really really disappointed as I have friends who have had their Hunters for years and rave about them. Obviously the faults developed after the warranty had expired, so I am left with very expensive, holey wellies, and wet socks!! :(
on 2 October 2010
These wellies are a bit pricey but definatley worth the money,i was a bit worried that they may be too tight as i have quite a wide foot,however they fit fine and can be worn with thick welly socks no problem.As they are so comfy i tend to find that i wear them whenever its raining,i find driving with them on is also no problem.I purchased these wellies in the gloss finish which looks really good on.
on 3 January 2014
As a long-time welly wearer I always bought Hunter wellies. They were a good fit and comfortable and lasted a number of years before needing to be replaced. This justified the large price tag. Hunters I've purchased in the last few years are still a good fit and comfortable but they just don't last any more - maybe a year or two if you're lucky. The reviews on here bear this out. The reason is simple: just look at the bit on the history of Hunter wellies on this site. Hunter moved production overseas to save money but didn't ensure that their new manufacturing sites in the far east and eastern Europe maintained the same quality and production values as their Scottish factory used to - they were happy to maintain the high price tags and keep taking the money paid by a growing number of unhappy customers though. By now you'd have thought they'd have got the message but it seems not. Out local agricultural supplier stopped stocking them a couple of years back as they were fed up with the complaints.

The moral of all this is to only buy Hunters if:

a) you can get them cheaply enough so that the comfort/style factor is a good trade off for the limited lifespan.
b) you are a festival goer so only get your wellies out for 6 or 7 days a year - if you are a dog walker/horse rider etc forget it!
on 1 December 2011
I was so looking forward to getting my shiny black Hunter wellies and when they arrived I was extremely disappointed. Not in the quality or the actual size. The boot top was SO narrow that I struggled to get the Hunter boot socks (that I also bought) inside and turned over the top. I don't have big calves but I could NOT tuck my skinny jeans in or any trousers come to that, to walk my dog.....the main reason for the purchase. I think these are designed to be worn with bare legs or tights and a skirt at festivals because they are not designed for real practial use.
on 4 December 2012
I bought these wellies just less than a year ago. My wife has bought several pairs of Hunters in the past and they have been excellent.

However these boots have split and let in water already.

I have tried to find how to return them but it seems impossible through Amazon. I don't see how that fits with the sale of goods act though.
on 5 February 2012
These boots arrived within 24 hours and look very attractive. However, on wearing them twice, they have let in water and my feet have been very damp. I have complained to Just Wellies and have received no reply after 3 weeks.
on 11 October 2011
These boots go for £75 in office so was very happy to big them up for this price.
Please note they come up on the small side so go for a size bigger. Also if you have big calves they may not fit!
on 31 January 2013
I very rarely write reviews but felt compelled to comment about the sellers Customer Service.

I purchased a pair of Wellies over 12 months ago which developed a problem. Their Customer Service Department was great. They were very professional and I was extremely happy with the outcome.