on 10 March 2017
Bought this cooler waaay back, in 2009 I believe! only noticed after buying my new laptop that this was still selling and decided to dig my old one out and see if it would still work. Miraculously after years lying in a cupboard after I retired my old gaming rig this thing still works perfectly, once I dusted it off. Would honestly give it 5 stars except it's not the most comfortable piece of kit if you're using it on your lap, its better on a table top but again it's far from terrible and you won't beat it for cooling with 3 variable controlled fans you can place where they're needed on your device. To date this stand has cooled a 2009 xps 15 (huge machine), a 2012 hp pavilion, 2013 hp envy ultrabook and I'm currently using it for total war sessions on the new xps 15. Top notch product that will hopefully outlive many laptops it's bought to cool even while increasing their lifespan
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 June 2016
I purchased one of these Coolermaster laptop stands for my husband in 2012, and I’m very sorry to see that they are no longer available. At the time my husband had a 19inch Acer laptop that often overheated in the warmer months especially when playing high graphic games. The stand provided great cooling both with the USB powered directed fans that can be placed to suit any laptop, and the air vents that are cut into the stand. In addition, it also offered a little height for the monitor that was helpful for his neck (not being humped over a low laptop for too many hours), whilst still being a good height to use the keyboard. Although he has now moved onto a desktop computer, the stand has been handed down to our daughter who continues to use and love it. Overall an excellent purchase.
on 22 January 2013
Well I shall start by saying that this is the best laptop cooler I have ever owned. It looks great, built very well, moveable fans, amazing at cooling laptops and very lightweight. I own a good spec laptop with a dedicated graphics card (GEFORCE GT 640M 1GB), 10GB of ram and an i3 processor. I have to say it cools this even when using the most graphically demanding software I have on laptop (Solid Works)and it doesn't even get remotely hot. I also use the laptop for gaming and it performs great here as well, it gets a little hotter than when used with Solid Works. Before I purchased the cooler playing the same game that I play my laptop got very hot and I mean very hot and the cooler works better than I expected bringing the temp to just above temp at medium use.
I had to move the fans to get the best use out of them, but this was no issue at all they are very easy to move to where they are needed and they work bloody brilliant in the right place. You may have to change the fans depending on what type or brand of laptop you have due to differing configurations of each manufacturer.
Another benefit is that you don't lose a USB port as it has one installed.

The only negative to it is like other reviewers have said is the slightly flimsy wiring, this is not a major issue and I am basically highlighting a tiny flaw in what appears to be a near perfect laptop cooler.
Overall if you find your laptop getting hot then you can't go far wrong by buying this.
on 14 June 2017
I was just going through my previous orders and saw that I'd purchased this back in 2012. I still use it to this day almost EVERY single day. It has never let me down. I used to have an overheating Dell Laptop which kept dying so bought it for that and it did help. Since then, I've pretty much used it every day. The two fans are surprisingly very quiet and not noisy as some reviews would suggest. What I would advice is to literally move the fans and place them wherever the most heat is being generated to regulate the temperature. The build quality is amazing and ideal for hard surfaces such as desks and tables. Probably not a good idea to put it in your lap. It also lifts the laptop up a bit and I found that I prefer the angle of the keyboard better this way too.

I am in no way affiliated with this product but felt compelled to write a review since I am very happy with it and it has served me so well.
review image review image
on 4 October 2012
My Macbook Pro sometimes runs pretty hot during prolonged use, and I had a couple of hardware failures which might have been the result. I looked for a well-made effective stand/cooler and went for the Cooler Master Notepal U2.
This was supplied by Shop4USB and was delivered very quickly. It seems to do the job. It sits very firmly on my desk, the rubber supports hold the laptop very securely and at a comfortable angle. The fans, which can be moved around to select the most efficient location for different makes of computer, are very quiet, almost silent in fact. The cooler runs off a spare USB socket and provides another when in use, so you don't use up valuable connection points for other ancillaries. It's a neat fit for my 15" laptop - it will accommodate 17" models, although these will overhang the base by an inch-and-a-half or so on each side. I'm very happy with it so far, although can't comment yet on how effective the cooling is.
My only reservation is with the computer on Sleep, the fans continue to run, and you have to unplug it to stop this. This may lead to the wear and tear on the cable complained of by another reviewer. A little switch on the plug or body of the unit would just perfect the specification.
on 11 December 2013
I have an HP laptop - 17" and have been using this cooler for about a month without any problem - In fact I think this is a beautiful piece of thoughtful engineering design. For me it ticks all the right boxes of form, function and quality build - I have no hesitation of giving it a full 5 Stars and thoroughly recommending it. My laptop was previously running so hot that it would shut down unless I raised it up to let air pass underneath and even then it felt hot but stopped shutting down. Now it has been on 24/7 for a month without any shutdown and it feels completely cool to the touch.
The fans are very quiet and whatever noise there may be is completely lost by ambient sounds in my study. Well done to the designers and manufacturers for a quality product and no, I am not on their payroll. I use Amazon a lot and gratefully use the product reviews all the time. I thought it was about time I left a review and give something back rather than just use reviews without making my own contribution. This product is so good that it inspired me to make a response. I think I read one review that commented the rubber pads are in the wrong place - I have not found that myself and even if I had, it is not beyond the wit of man to sometimes make a minor modification to suit one's own situation. Given there are so many different sizes and weights of laptop, I think the designers deserve credit for this sturdy, functional and attractive product - Thank you!
on 18 November 2012
The three fans help with the customization of the heat pockets which need cooling, however because it is USB powered it isn't the strongest of fans out there. However for something which you want to be able to move with your laptop it is ideal. It is also fairly quiet for something External with 3 fans, I find the Fan Speed Control a little pointless, unless not being used when you might as well turn it to the lowest, other then that I have it constantly on the highest.

Therefore I recommend this device to people with laptops.
Cheers for a Great Product.
on 8 November 2017
One of the fans died a few weeks later, rest became extremely noisy...

Decent for its money, could go with better options.
on 5 August 2012
I bought this item because I use a Macbook Pro, and well... it burns my hands! Mostly my left hand, because the area on the left side of the pad gets very very hot, and then it burns my hand and gives me headaches. So I needed a solution!

I positioned one fan just under the left of the pad, and... it's cold. Just where the fan is though. I put the other one under the keyboard to help a bit as well.

I like the angle, very nice for typing on the keyboard.

Its not that noisy. You can hear it, but it is much much better than having the fans of my macbook running.

It feels solid.

The only slightly annoying thing is that its a bit slippery, despite the anti-slippery stuff on it.

Overall, I highly recommend this product.
on 8 March 2015
This laptop stand/cooler does what it sets out to do, The fans are portable and interchangeable within the mesh-like pattern in the full aluminium.

There are far superior and less expensive products on the market.