on 4 March 2012
the main reason I bought this product was to keep the e reader safe when I go out. I am really impressed with how sturdy the cover is and how well the reader fits inside. An extra point for safety is that the top has a flap to hold the reader inside, it only doubles over but it holds the reader inside perfectly well - I had been worried about accidentally holding it upside down, but obviously Navitech had already thought of this. I did expect delivery to be a little quicker than it was - it took about a week from the despatch date - but this was within the time they had suggested, I can only think that Royal Mail in my area is probably getting slower.
I havent seen a "real leather" symbol anywhere, so I dont know if it is, but to be honest, it doesnt look cheap it looks just fine to me.
I did keep in mind though what other people had said about colour transfer and I bought one the same colour as my reader.
on 17 February 2012
Well, for the price I won't complain but it isn't exactly the case in the picture. It has white stitches and the "interior room for 3 sd card and business cards" is totally lacking. Reviewer Steve was lucky and got "an elastic retainer sleeve for the stylus or a pen, 2 pockets for memory cards and a pocket for notes". Mine has no retainers or pockets at all which I find quite annoying.

The fit is rather good but a little on the tight side. The leather strip on the right side won't stay down. The case should probably have just a little wider to allow for more material.

I *think* it's actually leather (someone complained his wasn't), but it's a little hard to judge because of the chemical stench that oozes from it. That seems to be wearing off though, so time will tell.

Judging from the other reviews the design seems to change over time and they don't update the picture and description accordingly. I would have liked some kind of pockets, there sure is room for that, but as said, for the price it's fairly good. I don't like deceptive descriptions though since that's something very essential when shopping on the Net. That took away two stars.

I don't discourage people from buying it, just remember you still may have to carry your cards and your stylus elsewhere.
on 8 April 2012
First impressions are that this is quite well made, especially considering the price. It has a fairly strong smell without being unpleasant. The white stitching doesn't appeal, and I would have definitely preffered black, but it's perfectly acceptable.

The pocket that the ereader fits into is workmanlike, though the internal edges facing the screen bulge upwards a little. When pushing the power button the ereader tends to also push upwards, so a little downward pressure on the retaining flap is advised. There's good access to the necessary sockets on the ereader.

The stylus sort of fits tip first into a loop in the centre. At least that's the only way I could make it work. It feels a little bit of a squeeze when you close the case but it's not a real problem. Opposite the ereader on the inside of the front is a pocket for papers, etc., and two small pockets for memory cards.

The clasp closes on the back, which means it isn't flapping around in your eyeline while reading, which I find preferable.

I rate it a four because of the stitching and the stylus holder, but otherwise it's excellent value.
on 27 October 2011
The cover fit the reader fine and I find the reader easier to read with the cover as well as liking the feel of it. I can clip on my book light to it and read at night without waking my partner. It is a pity there was not a pocket for the Reader's stylus but I found I can clip the stylus into the top left leather strap that holds the top left corner of the reader in place.
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 17 January 2012
bought for my wifes new sony t1 reader it was deleivered as usual in good time through amazon. the look and feel are lovely but the holding elastics could be a little closer fitting to the corners of the device, as the sony prs t1 reader is the thinnest on the market. it does the job but have to be careful i feel. good price and good product nonetheless.
on 15 August 2015
Fits my sony t1 perfectly. Usual Navitech quality.
on 15 February 2013
Advertised for a Sony e-book but it didn't fit. . . . . was too small & I therefore had to return this item . . . . Very disappointed as it was to be a present for my husband!
on 23 August 2013
I bought this leather case for a lesser known brand of eReader, as a gift, and it has been a perfect protection aid, especially while travelling. The recipient has been delighted.
on 16 October 2013
This was worth the money. It looks good and I use it all the time and it protects my e.reader perfectly.
on 3 August 2013
This item arrived promptly, the quality is excellent, fitted and it fitted my sony ereader like a glove. Feels and looks good