Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 11 November 2008
I bought this purely based on the strong reviews here. Thought it would be an amusing book for my 3 year old niece. Unfortunately I can't agree with the positive ratings at all - there is no storyline and so little content, it was over before it really started! I agree the illustrations are quite cute so a small toddler might enjoy looking at the pictures but I think you would have to make up your own story to make it funny or interesting. Even the rhyming phrases are quite weak. I also bought another book called Room on the Broom which is so much better.
on 12 September 2009
I bought this for my 4 year old son after all the rave reviews. However, after reading it just a handful of times my son is no longer intersested in it.
I must admit that i was expecting something along the lines of The Gruffalo books but we were very disappointed.
As others have said, the rhymmes are weak and don't stick around in your head and there seems to be no story as such.
I wouldn't recommend this book when there are books such as the Gruffalo, Room on the broom and the like on the market!
on 21 June 2015
Great fun book to read worth your little ones. We loved the underpants books as much as the Gruffalo serious. Fun illustrations really at to the reading experience. If you buy it you guarantee giggles!
on 18 June 2014
This is simply fab! Makes the kids laugh, so perhaps not one to read before bed, but will entertain young and old alike. A must have for the bookshelf of every kids bedroom, and checking for aliens in your underpants is always a fun game...now you'll have to get the book to find out what I'm going on about..won't you!
on 12 March 2009
I feel I must, from personal experience, warn potential customers that this product is a child's storybook and not, as I thought, an evidence based insight into the habits of intelligent life forms.

When I started reading this book I genuinely believed what I was being told, i.e. that there are no underpants in space so Aliens have to come down to earth to steal them off people's washing lines.

It was only when the story started getting slightly silly that I was alerted to the fact that Aliens Love Underpants might not be a serious publication. The proliferataion of pants puns were also a good clue.

I also had the same experience with Dinosaurs Love Underpants.

But anyway, don't despair! If you have unwittingly purchased this title, or the dinosaur one, they are a lot of fun.
on 16 December 2007
My daughter has read this so many times to her two year old twins who demand it every bedtime that she can now recite the whole book. It intrigued us so much that we just had to have it for her four year brother for Christmas. I may live to regret it but it this is just what little ones need to capture their imagination and love of books. Watch your undies on the washing line Mum!
on 28 May 2008
This is exactly what a kids book should be. My 4 year old son absolutely loves it. A rhyming book about pants and aliens, what's not to love? This shouldn't just be for kids! Great fun and very colourful pictures to accompany the story.
on 23 February 2008
With 'The gruffalo' this is one of the best books i've come across for my young 4 year old. It is a really funny book with great rhyming. If you like reading a story to your son/daughter then buy this book - you will not regret it.
on 8 January 2013
I thought my Son would love this but sadly not. We've tried a few times but he's not interested in it at all. Lovely colourful pictures, it doesn't flow as well as his other books we read. I have to say it wouldn't be my top choice either. Maybe he's too young, 3yrs. I'll try again when he's older.
on 30 April 2008
My daughter absolutley loves this book, the pictures are colourful and the rhymes are fun for both adult and child - it's a bedtime favourite in our house.