on 15 May 2013
I decided on this particular model after a lot of research. The problem was a weakened wireless signal in an old stone-built farmhouse on three floors....I replaced the router, that helped, but the top floor was still a problem....two ring mains ruled out the 'plug in' option, but this seemed a possibility. I followed the instructions and found the set-up very quick and simple. It has given a very strong signal at the farthest point in the house which is constant and has given no problem since installation. Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2012
I was pleased with how easy it was to set this device up (done in 10 minutes) and how strong the delivered signal is (full strength).

However, by using this device the throughput of my wireless network went down by 50-65% which renders video streaming or transfer of large files over Wi-Fi hopeless. Simply by switching the range extender OFF my bandwidth goes back to full speed.

I've read various technical forums explaining that 'this is normal' and range extenders will halve the network bandwidth. Unfortunately, I was not aware of this limitation when purchasing the device. This information should have been clearly stated on the product description!

Because of this reason I will be returning the device and adopting alternative methods for extending the range of my wireless network (long CAT5 cable and additional WAP). There is no point in paying the internet provider for super-fast bandwidth if this device reduces it so significantly.
Style: N300_ RE2000|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like many other reviews I did not bother using the Cd to set up this extender.
A simple push of the WPS button did it for me.

After that it was a doddle to connect the Ip pad mini, Ipad 2 various tablets, Sky and last but not least the Android connector on the second telly and we were off.

The beauty of this system is that it easy to set up.
The Technology was the ease at which it enable us to connect up to the internet in 'dead space'.

All the devices have report a very strong signal in all places and we are sorted.

I really would recommend this unit.
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2014
Style: N300_ RE2000|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Excellent product. Needed to boost the range to an external office as wasn't able to use a Network Plug. Simple set up, picked up required details straight away. Connected and up and running on either band with a strong bar, 50m away from main building.

No problems with set up, manual straight forward, didn't bother with any firmware upgrades etc, happy out of the box.

Changed default configurations and running smoothly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 January 2012
Style: N300|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This device is designed to extend the range of your wireless home network into the blackspots or other areas where the signal from the router is weak or non existant. It is attratively designed and easy to setup and has the option to plug directly into a wallsocket or to be positioned on a nearby desktop or shelf thanks to a supplied plug in power cable.

Setup is easy thanks to the wizard based software on the supplied CD, however, Mac users may need to get the latest software from the Linksys website. Once connected you can connect to the unit with your web browser to access the User Interface and the various setup tools to be found there. It also has a WPS button to make setup even simpler if your router supports this option.

To ensure it works correctly it is crucial that, as with all repeaters, it be positioned in the closest area of good reception adjacent to the blackspot. Do not position it at the fringes of reception as it will not work well. It needs to extend an already good signal, it will fall down if asked to extend an weak signal. Don't expect a massive signal boost, but if used properly it will fill in at least of the blackspots in your network.

It supports the latest 2.4hz network wirelss N signal at up to 300Mbps. Sadly, it does not work with newer, faster but less popular 5Ghz networks.

The Good
Easy to setup
Browser based site survey tool
Separate power cord for desktop placement
WPS setup supported

The Bad
limited range
no 5Ghz
Wizard is sensitive to non standard network configuration
Need to download the latest setup softare for Mac

This is an easy to setup and easy device that will extend your current wifi signal into areas currently out of reach. Recommended.
Style: N300|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Have really struggled to set this up, should be easy but I can't get it to work. I was very pleased to get it as my router is a Linksys so assumed it would all be as easy as ABC.

First I tried to install on our Laptop which runs Vista, the extender said we needed to down load newer service pack which I thought we already had, but still went and did it again, tried again to install same message, I repeated the service pack up date, switched everything off then tried again, still got the same message.

Then I tried to install using our net book which runs windows 7, no message this but did manage to knock of the internet and then to not install, got internet up and running and tried again, still wouldn't install, but had a help link which directed me to cisco, but link didn't work!

I have run out of ideas on how to install, really wanted this to be a good product as I live in an old Welsh house made of granite and very thick stone, our wi-fi is very hit and miss in most rooms.
I'm not going to give it 1 star but I think it is fair that it has 3 stars, I seem to be the only one who has an install problem so may be down to my bad luck and have a router that it doesn't like
on 7 November 2012
Set this up with a netgear router and my laptop. Worked well in bringing wifi to a room previously on the edge of my signal. Had a problem though connecting my apple devices to the wifi (wouldn't remember password). After a lot of messing about I realised it is the apple ios that's the problem not the range extender. All connected and working well now. On the downside I've got it plugged in on an upstairs landing and the Cisco logo that lights up is incredibly bright at night. Had to put a sticker over it to tone the brightness down. Overall recommended.
on 30 September 2013
I read the bad reviews on various places including the american amazon site which had 1 or two positives saying if you look at the specs and the reuter you have and all match up, it works excellently.

I'm renting a room in a very large house, so much so it has two reuter, both of which provided me one bar of signal. One of the reuters had a radio type or IEEE standard of 802.11g and the other was 802.11n, both reuters BT and the people at linksys said they couldn't confirm it would work with a reuter different to their own. Nonetheless I bought this Linksys RE2000 extender and the signal strength from the BT reuter with the radio type of 802.11n has gone from one bar without this extender to 5 bars and i'm traveling around the internet quicker than I ever have in this house, I can stream stuff instantly again, watch videos on youtube without lowering the video quality and still giving it a couple of minutes to load.

Admittedly the signal strength to the reuter with the radio type of 802.11g has gone from 1 bar without, to 3 bars at best (usually two out of five) with the extender. That may be improved further by moving the extender but i'm happy using the other reuter.

Set up was also really easy, just going to throw that out there.

Anyway you can read the bad reviews if you want but I'd suggest reading all the details of this product and knowing if it would work well with your reuter and computer. I have a computer and I also use the Linksys AE2500 Wireless-N Dual Band USB Adapter to connect to the reuter, also another factor to keep in mind.
on 25 September 2013
WiFi has limitations. Get over it.

Use an extender and you WILL reduce the overall data transmission capacity. That is just the way these things work, perversely having the main router and extender close together giving the technically "worse" outcome.

But in many cases it will be the difference between having a signal or no useful signal at all in places, and that is what you buy them for: convenience. Try different locations for the extender.

All that said, this unit works very well, simple to set up & no stupid creation of an additional "Network EXT" to confuse matters. All seamless.

For me it was just the ability to get my iPad not eating my Mobile Data bandwidth when I was in bed! (Sad but true) Works well enough for that.
on 9 January 2015
Advertized as dual band, but really only is 2.4 Ghz, when i bought it, I could not even get the thing to work, it's wirless signal could not be found.
I use the virgin media dual broadband, this item may just not be compatible with my modem?
I sent it back and recived a full refund from amazon, well done amazon 5 star.